About the Roadmap of GLBasic?¿

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

Hi guys I like to know what happend in a near future with GLbasic, always we have updates but never we know what will have new...  always is cool like a surprise, but if we know will have in a future perhaps we can think in another projects or another way to better code.

Alex_R

It is a good question. I want to know as well about the next future of GlBasic.

UBERmonkeybot

Yes,That would be good to know.

erico

Sure shot, even if it is just a plan.
I feel a road map would sure come cool, we really should look into fixing desktop issues(linux,mac,pc).
Anything needed I´m always around...I wish I knew how to code lower level. :|

MrTAToad

I don't really see much will be happening from now on  - GLBasic has gone as far as it can in its present iteration.

What would be ideal is a re-write to use SDL2, the advantage being it could then support a few more devices than at present.

Youkaisan

spacefractal

yes glbasic is not that its have been recently, but its still fun to doing stuff in glbasic and is quite good in this state. Its still works very well :-).

Also im will see on SteamWorks if im got lucky to get Genius Greedy Mouse Green Light on steam (just posted it recently). Some API seens require to been integrated directly to the glbasic source code (which is not a issue).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

bigsofty

I'm quite happy with its current state, it does all I ask and with the inclusion of inline C it's pretty versatile when cornered.

I'd always like a bit more though but I don't think that need is ever fully sated.  :S
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

spacefractal

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

r0ber7

A Mac OS IDE would be wonderful. It doesn't have to be much, just a way to compile directly would be enough for me. Right now I have to switch to an older laptop, or connect to it through the LAN. Virtualbox and VMWare haven't been able to get GLB running for me either.  :(

spacefractal

Today Genius Greedy Mouse got Greenligt accepted on steam, which is nice. That means im will soon checkout how Steam Works really works and implement it to glbasic or as a extension. Cloudsave is easy, because im dont even need to code it (due that way its saved in that game), its more the other features.

matchy

Steam Greenlight is ... super nice.  :nw:

MrPlow

Good stuff!  :good:

Look forward to Up Voting Greedy Mouse!

I think Glbasic is great!!!
Looking at other languages through a Sea of Curly Braces is too much like WORK for me! GLB is fun!

People are always complementing me on the game engine I use for my Apps.
How fast it runs etc etc

So it is still a great Framework / Platform - I have no experience of the iOS side, as I'm not a Mac user.

Quote from: spacefractal on 2016-Apr-28
Today Genius Greedy Mouse got Greenligt accepted on steam, which is nice. That means im will soon checkout how Steam Works really works and implement it to glbasic or as a extension. Cloudsave is easy, because im dont even need to code it (due that way its saved in that game), its more the other features.
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

erico

Nice SF! Steam into GLB is sure going to rock! :good:

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.