Oh yeah, although I'd like to create more detail in the tile mapping, zoom scaling, sprite management and path finding (pj?).
bigsofty, the baddies are there, almost, although the wall collision is a bit clumsy. That is why I tested two characters for bitmap loading and I'm hoping to add many more, depending on available run-time memory. I need to test LOADANIM, to increase level loading as currently it takes awhile to load individual bitmaps.
Treasure, pickup, quests, doors, etc will depend on game-play, which I hope to make interesting and not just a maze game. Perhaps some level may be hand created, like with Mappy. I need to find out the technical limits mentioned above before I start on this. I've even opted out of isometric for now.
peejay, is the path thickness modifiable? For example, 3 tiles wide yet 1 tile for the wall. Entry and exit points would help. I'm not sure what the bug results, but I'd be happy to update the code in future.
Oh yeah, works perfectly well on PC. I've also tried copying media to other common paths, like \ , \windows, \my documents, etc.. and even ShoeBox on my PocketPC. I've also tried various screensizes (240x320,320x240) and framerates (-1,10,20).
Another example is the original JumpFrog_PocketPC_2D.exe, with it's media files, works fine on PocketPC, but my compiled version does not (which is also larger in file size).
I do notice that when compiling, I find I need to go through several platform warnings and makes until the SDK successful compiles a WinCE exe. Just wondering if this, or project screensize/framerate has anything to do with the media pathing issue. Don't know what else to do try.