Re: Black Sun Developement (Skecth GamePlay)

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmor

Da skill ! Gimme da skill !
Looks great...

erico

Quote from: mentalthink on 2013-Feb-07
Ian 3D it's more easy than programming, sure 100%, and whit Cinema 4D more, it's fantastic this soft...

But programming 3d?  :D
I guess it will be tough!

Never done much yet on that front but a few tests. :-[

mentalthink

QuoteIan 3D it's more easy than programming, sure 100%, and whit Cinema 4D more, it's fantastic this soft...
But programming 3d?  :D
I guess it will be tough!

Well now the standard in the Soft 3D it's python, and python it's really easy... Just started yesterday to make simple things in Cinema and it's very very fun... in LW I think you have Python or they put in the 12, it's the normative language for all Suites 3D...

About programming seriously in 3D, yes I think it's a bit complex... too much maths... But I think only it's the time you waste in study these materies, Maths really not are very very comples, if the teacher explains very well, but really this it's complex... If anyone understand Spaninsh (obviously if not is Spanish  =D =D) , you tube have a channel called. Las matematicas.es, this guy it's the good of maths , explain... really really good.

Thanks guys for your comments...  :-[ :-[ :booze: :booze: :-*

erico

Thanks for the link mental!
I can glimpse spanish since my first language is portuguese (do people use portuguese at all?? :D)

But I was thinking more on the lines of bringing from the 3d suites to GLbasic.
Programming a game in 3d sounds menacing to me! :O

Things don´t go the same as open gl on 3d suite as much as things don´t go the same 2d as photoshop.

Still, let´s not off topic.

You get back to work and put a 2 player in this game pronto!
Please don´t don´t take forever to finish it! (like I´m doing on mines ;/)

mentalthink

Well I stay learning for make an exportter for GLbasic, really don't have too be too much complicated, only it's get the arrays of vertex and the UVW and make a dda, an AsCII file can works fine too... I hope I can will do...

About the 2 Players... in a Desktop computer it's easy, it's only Copy 2 times the code in some parts, the trouble it's in devices... I really don't know how works connecting a mobile from Spain to Brazil, or anypart of the world, and runs fine... Perhaps you finish the game and I'm just press Start, for the Delay... Really this I'm not sure...

In the fisrt version this not will added, after I'm not sure depends how go in the market the game...

About finish the games really it's very stressed task, when you have lot of time whit a development, really it's very tired mind, you don't see the light of the tunnel  =D =D

Next week more... I hope  :nana:

erico

Quote from: mentalthink on 2013-Feb-09
About finish the games really it's very stressed task, when you have lot of time whit a development, really it's very tired mind, you don't see the light of the tunnel  =D =D

I know! :(

But about 2 players, maybe a local 2 player? for pc/mac/linux versions? Should be great!
As for internet connection, I have no idea on how it works at all yet.

Matchy showed up some great stuff some other day, but I can read Latin easier than that :D

You are going for desktops as final targets too aren´t you?

Ian Price

Even getting a 3D camera to work in 3D is a nightmare to me! :P

I'm probably too long in the tooth now to get into 3D.
I came. I saw. I played.

mentalthink

Hi Erico, I don't decide yet but if woks fine, and I can sell in Steam or something like this, well only it's make some modifications, 3D have this adventage only say render to more resolution and you have the same... I think not it's too much trouble but it's more work... Perhaps when I finish the game I burn like Gonzo... I don't know how many hours I stay making things... and really I have a lot fo work to finish...

Ian for me was the same when I start to programing, I rebember when I did the Fantasy Bricks, I think my brains explodes... But now, well I'm not programmer but I understand a lot of things and ver interesting...

When I finish the game (in some century ) , I have something pendet whit another person in the forum, after if the people want and if erico want be too, can be interesting make a 3D course, whit some 3d soft... Really GLbasic can do very nice things, and more funny than Unity, and more cheaper... only have to make a lot of more tricks, but really make a 3D game a only guy whit a very good quality it's imposible, perhaps are 5 years of development, whit Glbasic can do very interesting 3D 2D games...

mentalthink

A little Update

A tinny video about another torret
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=536601686361369&set=vb.100000346289025&type=2&theater

QuoteEDIT by Schranz0r:

New thread is here:

http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=8926.0

CLOSE! ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]