For the owners of Palm Pre

Previous topic - Next topic

msx

My App Catalog does not display payment applications. There are also very few free applications. Applications published here on the forum did not appear and I can not install.

Does anyone know why?

Thank you

Ian Price

Do you have a proper Palm Profile? Have you included your credit card info? Is this something new to you? Are you in an unsupported region? (Palm in their infinite wisdom don't offer the App Catalog globally).

Do you have the most up-to-date version of the firmware? Do you have the latest App Catalog? Is your Pre pre-owned and was it first started in another country/region?

There are lots of reasons why you might not get full access.
I came. I saw. I played.

msx

Do you have a proper Palm Profile?

I had multiple problems in defining a profile at first. When I had to reset the device for any problems, I could never go with the old profile but I had to create a new one.

Have you included your credit card info?

I tried it with a credit card and still the same.

Is this something new to you?

No, I never had full access to the App Catalog.

Are you in an unsupported region? (Palm in their infinite wisdom don't offer the App Catalog globally).

I think Spain is supported.

Do you have the most up-to-date version of the firmware?

I installed WebOS 2.1

Do you have the latest App Catalog?

I do not know you could install individually App Catalog, I thought that was included in WebOS 2.1. Where I can get it?.

Is your Pre pre-owned and was it first started in another country/region?

My Pre 2 was a gift from HP Palm ;)

There are lots of reasons why you might not get full access.

Then I have a problem.  :help:

Ian Price

When you say "You installed webOS 2.1" was that via an OTA update or via a patch (Preware etc?) That could be the reason.

What do you mean "I tried it with a credit card and still the same."? Were you never able/asked to enter a credit or debit card? That's another possible reason.

You might be better off returning your Pre to it's factory settings and starting another profile from scratch.

When you view the App Catalog are you only getting free stuff being shown? If not are the available commercial apps for sale in Euros? Can you not see B'lox! Free or Dicey? Both should be available for free in all regions.

Dunno. :(
I came. I saw. I played.

msx

When you say "You installed webOS 2.1" was that via an OTA update or via a patch (Preware etc?) That could be the reason.

The first time was via an OTA update, but as I had problems to load the profile I thought reinstall WebOS 2.1 via WebOS

What do you mean "I tried it with a credit card and still the same."? Were you never able/asked to enter a credit or debit card? That's another possible reason.

What I mean is that I entered my credit card and still the same.

You might be better off returning your Pre to it's factory settings and starting another profile from scratch.

I already did at least four times

Thank you Ian.  :booze:

ampos

I told you some days ago to ask for a refund...  :nana:

My Pre2 has been always in spanish, and got no problems at all. The only one was that I was unable to post comments in some of the apps. My profile thing has always work fine.

On the TouchPad I have no problems. On my first run, I entered the profile I was using on the Pre2 and the TP downloaded the apps I bought on the Pre2. Great!

Then I found a problem. On the market, the apps without spanish description did not show screens of the game, just a grey space. Also, the comments where not displayed. So I set the device into english language and it works like a charm.

Te ha cagao la moscarda. Básicamente.

Oh, if someone is asking, it means "the botfly shits on you, basically". In Spain we use it when you are being unlucky.
check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE

msx

Palm Pre 2 for sale, very little use, unlocked ...  =D

msx

which version you have of App Catalog?.

msx

That happens to me and it will not let me back up I get an error when connecting to my profile.

msx

For those who work the App Catalog. How is your icon?

Or

Ian Price

I have the bottom logo on my Pre, Pre+, Pre2 and TouchPad. I can't remember my Pixi's App Catalog image and I'm at work now so can't check.
I came. I saw. I played.

msx

I think that's the problem, I still I have the Palm logo and no way to update it.

Ian Price

The App Catalog updates (for all my machines) came about as a result of updating the OS version. After every OS update I got a message about new updates being available for the Catalog.

Maybe if you reset your Pre back to it's original factory setting and OS, you'll get an update notification for the OS and then for the App Catalog. ???

Dunno
I came. I saw. I played.