create logos ( or worlds) in 2d with photoshop

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

Nice tuto Marmor the "problem" here it's the Logo it's 3D, really do this doesn't too much complex, only you take .png or .somthing with Alpha channel and it's like Copy/Paste...

The final product it's nice...

For people who wants alternatives to "Potochó" you have Kryta, Gimp (I hate) and for mac for only 14€ Pixelator, I bought make 2 weeks and I think it's better than PS, the problem only for Mac. In opensource painting soft, have a lot of products.

The good point of PS it's you find any info in any place and language and it's a very easy soft to use... Paint with it, this it's another thing.

mentalthink

Jeje the best tool and doens't Autodesk (I'm sorry erico :nana:)...
C4d it's really a ver very good tool, for people don't know nothing about 3D I think it's the best tool, it's very easy and very very powerfull, I think in WETA Digitial they use C4d but for Linux (this it's impossible to find).

I hope Maxon don't sell this soft never to Autodeskt like Newteck don't sell Lightwave, they get all App XSI; MAYA MAX, and only put a little update for a lot of money... they sold his soft very very expensive...

Thanks for the tuto, I take a look...

MrTAToad

Cinema 4D is the nicest 3D editor I have used (although I suspect any exported X files wont be accepted by the X Converter).

Unfortunately it comes with a costly price tag too...

mentalthink

Yes MrT the "problem" it's the price ,  but it's cheaper App in comparison with Maya or 3ds Max, think you can boy in some of 5 or 6 favlors they have... Really the most cheaper and good in all it's Lihgtwave.

About the .X files directX, doesn't Works, I test and nothing, in 3ds Max I tested Panda Exporter, it have a lot parameters and nothing...

I think the best way for have something with bones it's make like the pulgin did Vladimir(he's not in the forum yet), for 3ds Max, using python or Coffe in Cinema4d, I arrrived to export all the data, but I don't understand too much well for now the index of ertices... Really I only need this point and I think we have an exporter for cinema, and perhaps for blender, all 3d Suites uses Python like internal languaje...

Blender, really it's the best option, have things like soft like maya don't have for character animation, at the beggin seems something difficult for new people in 3D, but the good point it's info in anywhere, and the new UI, it's really easy to use, I think for GLBasic, and ofcourse, for practically anything without use your bucket it's blender.

Another very easy, can be Silo(a bit forget) or Hexagon very cheaper but in my mac doesn't works, but it's a very very good modeler.

Sorry , the last point, always speak about 3d soft of out GLBasic but here in the principal page, I think Gernnot have some advertising about Fragmasoft, really it's cheaper and you can do animated models and export directly in GLBasic, it's have .ddd exporter I think it's a modeler too... a bit confused the interface but it's like all, at the beggin all it's a bit complex.

MrTAToad

The DinGS X converter could do with being upgraded :)

erico

You mean the ddd converter tool in GLB?
That could use some update on reading .obj
I can´t get it to work with some obj models without going through other software.

It is not much of a problem for me since I don´t use GLB´s 3d yet.

Cinema 4d, Lightwave and Modo are pretty much similar, problem is always the price and time to get it moving.

mentalthink

Yes MrT have reason about an update or perhaps doing a simple Code can works very fine... I always have in mind, and I try to make something when you call the command line comnverter in example the obj -> ddd , when the Ms-Dos command line ask about "press Intro", this point doing automaticall (You know, don't press intro or any key, the converter don't finish the conversion).

The nice will be doing a temporal folder, and with the converter and something in Glbasic, look what you export to this folder and autmatically put into your GLbasic project, then you modify in 3dstudio, LW Cinema, automatically you will see the change in your game... But how I say I really don't know how make this "press intro" automatically, friends in Spaninsh forum comment me, but really I don't arrives to this level.

Another way will be modify the Utility, like a batch converter, now I think the idea it's this, but you have goin one per one file saying to convert, don't convert 10(or x number ) files at the same time

@Erico I think LW have a Md2 exporter, you try with this extension, so the .obj convert really it's a md2 converter, I'm not sure but when I touch LW I think I look this exporter in LW Modeler... I'm not sure really.

erico

I remember md2 exporter on older LW version, I´m not sure the newer versions have it.
The OBJ comes with an MTL file, most software will read this, unfortunately, a few won´t.

mentalthink

uhmm but this doens't too much problem, I think 3ds max obj exporter, exports mtl data, but after you in GLbasic put the texture and works fine, and I think Glbasic can do and not and works fine too...

I think if you have some parameters in LW, if you touch something have to works, in fact I think Ian or Hemlos did a loader of .obj, for me don't works... But i read a lot of times it's the best type of file for beggin to do exporters, seems it's very easy to understand...

I read about DAE or "Collada" and it's very easy too, with an Html parser can do, but a file with 1.2 or more Mg of Weight I think dont it's too much usefull in GLbasic, at least for Mobiles devices (I suppose Unity internally makes something)

erico

LWO, object in lightwave are simple text files, quite small on size too.
But I truly have no idea how 3d coding goes on this level.

mentalthink

I'm not sure 100%, I'm invetigating about this.

But really it's similar to the example about getface...

You in the txt file, or any extension, have to get the Num total of vertex, Faces and The index of each group of triangles, getting the coordinates of each vertex too...

After it's put all in ordner and make somehting like the example Getface in Sampler folders... I think have to works.

I arrive to make simple shapes but sometimes don't makes correctly, I think it's something with the indexing array the error.