Android - V10 release candidate

Previous topic - Next topic

Moebius

I'd really like to thank Gernot and anyone else who's put this together because most things are working brilliantly on yet another platform.  :good:

Doing testing on Android, I've noticed that multitouch doesn't seem to be supported (GETMOUSECOUNT returns 1 on my device).  I'm not sure if this is a cause for alarm, but also the values returned by GETJOYX, Y, and Z seem to be rounded off to the nearest multiple of "0.1019318253"...  Simple APK for displaying mouse, joy values: http://www.multiupload.com/79I8CYGRWZ
Will keypresses be implemented on Android?  Many users have hardware keyboards, and there are significant buttons on every device (back button, menu button).
Eventually, it would be good to have control over what the back button does, rather than just quitting the app whenever it's bumped.  Also, apps at the moment seem to crash when the device is put into standby mode, and crash when multitasking (i.e. whenever the home button is used).
Endless Loop: n., see Loop, Endless.
Loop, Endless: n., see Endless Loop.
- Random Shack Data Processing Dictionary

trucidare

GLBasic Apps working on Android 2.3.4
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

MrTAToad

I presume it also works on 3.0

Moebius

Should have mentioned I'm using 2.3.2 - not officially released yet for my device as well...  So there isn't any accelerometer issue on later versions?

Kitty Hello

I don't think multimouse is a good idea. There's a hug majority of deviecs with just one touch.

BigAnd

@kitty
Cant you just set the mouse count to 1 for those devices?

It totally breaks my game as I have left, right and jump as on screen buttons. I am more than happy to assign them to keys on other devices but my HTC Desire doesn't have any, so my game would be useless on that device if I cant implement multi touch.

Or have I not understood what you mean?

Moebius

It would be a shame not to be able to use multitouch...  There are many devices that do support it, and many more will in the future.
I haven't seen anything about getting the maximum number of pointers possible, but to handling multiple pointers in events doesn't seem to be too difficult, at least on the android side of things: http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2010/06/making-sense-of-multitouch.html
I'm not sure about how multiple mice are handled internally by GLB, but surely multitouch is possible?   :doubt:

Kitty Hello

Yes, it's possible. I'll implement it. But I warn you to use it, because many devices are not able to use it and your game will not run there.

erico

on the multi-touch issue...

Wouldn´t you think it´s possible to, let´s say, having a check on different screen pressed areas while alternating this between code loops? Would this achieve a ´multi touch´ sort of thing?

just some crazy idea :x

BigAnd

@kitty
What other input do you have on your phone other than the touch screen?

Just thinking of what else to implement other than touch screen, such as the optical scroll and would we get access to such things through glbasic?

Kitty Hello

Never heared of "optical scroll". Am I getting old now? :)

I think about touches, keyboard and acceleration values as input.

404 Not Found

"optical scroll" is just a different kind of D-Pad. Some of the HTC Desire phones have these:

Kitty Hello

Ah. I think that's handled as if it was a dpad (KEY) then.

Kitty Hello

Get the update for the beta now. See 1st post.

MrTAToad

JPegs on Windows seem fine - now to test Linux, webOS and Android :)

Linux seems okay!
webOS crashes straight out (after a black screen)
Windows CE emulator displays my first image and seems to hang
Android displays two imagew then crashes

There seems to be an extra set of quote marks in the glb_install_and_pack batch file - it seems the palm-package program didn't like that...