Old cover for new Devices

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmor

I will show you my last idea for my maximite/arduino/Raspberry pi
Its an old c64II Cover which i get from ebay and an minikeyboard with usb.
i disassembled the usb keyboard to get a smaller size .
Hot Glue rulzt ! 

next step are sound /Breadboard and some Leds

mentalthink

When I look at the first time the image, I go crazy, I think the C64 whit this keyboard... it's the most extrange I see , this have to cost millions of Euros... Really the extrange old computers are very very expensive, today I look an amtrad 664, a bit extrange model, only was in producion 3 moths about 300€...  :'(

About the project it's really nice, but I think the good thing it's make whit a real C64 keyboard, for me , between Sinclairs, Amstrad and Commodores amiga and C64 (this called Panera is spaninsh), I think the best it's the C64, for make a usb keyboard not it's too much complex, only needs to make the matrix of the keyboard and put a USB brigde to windows, I think an arduno model have in the driver for windows looks like a keyboard or an USB mice...

In youtube you can see the project you want do whit the raspBerry but whit an Accorn case Computer... (I have to buy one, in Spain this computer don't arrives in 80's), I think this project it's in the same page of Raspberry Pi...

Really will be vey nice whehn you finish, but try to do somehing, paint the case in black, or paint the keyboard in white, of course the case too... I rebember to a new model of case of A500, make for a Deutchland guy, I think he was demmanded for the guys of the "new C64", new ?¿, a case about 300€ and a simple PC into it whit Linux... bahhh, Nostalgia Bussines...

Marmor

C64 case 9.99 on ebay , Iboard mini (usb) 10 Euro on Plusmarkt ;)
I see no need for using the original Keyboard , because the extra costs.
Thinking also about the Black Case Color but hmm .... dunno yet.
Hope i can put the audio amplifier (stereo) this night.
I need a good Breadboard from Ebay and a small Powersource with 5 V and 3,3 V and 2 A.
some leds some switches and ready to use .

I hate these "Flying around the Desktop" parts ;)

Hint :  I use this  for get a clean cutting line.

Ian Price

That looks great :)

Have you got the Pi inserted into the keyboard case too? That would be sweet :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Marmor

where is place for booth  pi and maximite !

matchy

Cool. I just got my RPi last week and definitely need some sort of case for it as it it virtually always tags along with the keyboard, which has internal usb hub.