What colour is holidays?

Previous topic - Next topic

Crivens

Seriously? Grief. Even having a laugh it's impossible to be original these days!

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

erico

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Dec-21
Seriously, what colour is it?

I can´t resist...

"Show me colours of your holidays, beautiful and nice!"
"the colours in me, are the colours in glbasic , are the colourse we seeeeeee lara diii lara daaa ri da"

Masterboy got the bikini part right, he just missed the zombies and flame thrower :O
ok there is a helicopter there...but it´s not the same!

Being a freelance worker for about 10 years, I have no idea what "holiday" means anymore, it´s more like holiday every day(i wish).
Holiday times around the world are actually a little bad for me, since it is a time when roads are crowded and prices are high and places like restaurants and so on are full. I actually take my time off in between them.

Cyan and light blue sure are some of the colours in there, I would add just a little of yellow and orange and would keep it all based on a stripe of green on its base... quite like the sky on a sun rise with no clouds and lot´s of grass, sand and beach.

edit: If it wasn´t for kitty doing the post and second and third paragraph to be talking about G.A.C.K I would sure think it could be spamm!:)

Kitty Hello

OK, I admit the question was a bit silly... Sorry for bothering.

Just one question left...
... what's the smell of holidays?

I mean - it must smell sweet. Like warm candy. And with cinnamon and vanilla.

erico

it must be similar to the smell of rain on asphalt/mud. probably with a bit of ocean smell altogether, a pinch of grass smell and topped with eucalyptus trees too.

ps: I guess living in a tropical country really pushed this opinion of mine...

Wampus

Quote from: Ian Price on 2011-Dec-21
Gold. Any time away from work and with the family is golden. :)

Correction: Any time away from work and the family is golden.

I will have neither. Black is the colour...

j/k I'm going to enjoy Xmas even as I endure it.

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Dec-22

Just one question left...
... what's the smell of holidays?

I mean - it must smell sweet. Like warm candy. And with cinnamon and vanilla.

Cinnamon, candy apples, mulled wine and a smoky wood wire.

erico

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Dec-22

In no way silly. Quite a great subject.

Quote from: Wampus on 2011-Dec-22
Cinnamon, candy apples, mulled wine and a smoky wood wire.

mulled wine google helped me out on that, seems quite nice, almost similar to quentão in brasil, but a lot better.
Smoky wood wire? what is that?

being born with an extra sensitive nose, even being a smoker, I can tell smells from a far far distance. It´s not the best mutant ability ever, I would prefer laser eyes, but heck, now you got me into this smell thing... never heard of smoky wood wire...a friend´s family from portugal is visiting him, I will try check with them if they know about it.

Wampus

Ah. I meant smoky wood fire. The W key is just too darn close to the F key, you see.

erico

gasp :O

got it, not used to burning wood, just had that when I was living in the US, or maybe winter around here on the south states, where it actually gets any cold...burning wood actually gets me inside a pizza restaurant/parlor or barbecue... :good:

Ruidesco

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Dec-22... what's the smell of holidays?
Ah this one is easy, it smells like turrón.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kitty Hello

I have a very sensible nose, too. My kid as well. It's great when I'm next to my wife, but a true pain in the 200m radius of public toilettes.

Ian Price

My sense of smell is terrible. When I was a late teen I could smell only a few aromas - chocolate, burnt matches and Brussels sprouts. I hate the smell of sprouts, so it was a real fun time at Christmas :(

My sense of smell is better now, but still not great. I've got a medical condition called Persistant non-allergenic rhinitis. I used to have to use steroid nasal sprays, but gave up on them after a while - they didn't help that much and cost me a fortune. However, like I said, the condition has improved and I can smell more things more often. just not as well as other people - sometimes it does have advantages!
I came. I saw. I played.

r0ber7

Quote from: Ian Price on 2011-Dec-23sometimes it does have advantages!

I smoke tobacco. 2nded.

erico

I forgot to say that holidays also smell like watermellons...