Android - does it work for you?

Previous topic - Next topic

trucidare

Hi,

if you have an Android device, please try the attached APK and tell us if it worked.

Tell you system and your Andoid OS version, please.

This is an early port - we need some time to solve some main problems and optimize the engine for use with all devices.

The apk is below.

[attachment deleted by admin]
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

XanthorXIII

HTC Hero Android 2.1 - Unfortunately no. I need a new Android device though, this thing sucks.
Owlcat has wise

Albert

Samsung Galaxy S with Froyo 2.2
working smooth.

BigAnd

Works fine here on my HTC Desire 2.2.

Rizla

Not working here on 2.1 - 'The application SDL App (process org.libsdl.app) has stopped unexpectedly'

It is a cheap tablet though:Disgo 6000 tablet

XanthorXIII

I'm guessing that it probably won't work on anything below 2.2 which is what it's looking like.
Owlcat has wise

Darmakwolf

HTC Droid Incredible with Gingerbread: App runs fine, except that the coordinates are way off at first. After a while of touching the screen, the cross hairs are accurate. They start out too far to the right and below my finger. However - the app runs!

ampos

HTC Desiree 2.2, works. But the cross is missaligned, a lot at the beginning, and later just... around +32 pixes in X axis.
check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE

Darmakwolf

So it seems it will work on legitimate Android devices with 2.2 and higher...except with some kind of touch-coordinate problem. Not a bad start!!!

Crivens

Out of interest when it doesn't work on 2.1 how exactly doesn't it work? For instance it's been pointed out that Angry birds doesn't work on 2.1, only 2.2 and above, but on my wife's 2.1 phone it does work just with a lot of white for the background, and a cheap 2.1 media player/picture frame I have plays Angry Birds extremely well just with the white stuff in the background. Is GLB like this so some things don't work or does it just totally refuse to work? I may not want to make Quake 5 on my picture frame, but it would be nice to maybe create a cool slideshow for my pictures for example (hardly going to kill a 750mhz machine).

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

trucidare

sorry guys the package couldnt be run because its corrupted.

Kitty Hello

So, it "might" run on 2.1?

I'm probably in chat tonight. Wife's out :P

trucidare

uhm no sorry i didnt saw that you changed the apk file in first post.

req. 2.2

Crivens

I just tried this on the wife's HTC Wildfire running 2.2.1 and it seems exactly the same as other people have said here except the square in top left is white. Isn't it supposed to be red? Note this is the same device that had white bits in the background of Angry birds. Most things work though. Any ideas?

Also my 2.1 tablet unsurprisingly doesn't work with it (more powerful than the Wildfire but I guess it's all in the software versions).

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

MrTAToad

Sounds like there is a lot of differences between the versions.  Which does make you wonder whether a 2.2 game would work on 3.0...

Speaking of which, I hope to be getting my tablet tomorrow, at which point I will see if it works :)