Requesting help updating from GLBASIC 8

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliff3D

Hi. Now that I've managed to get version 14.497 working it compiles my code without error, and my code runs.

WOW - it's shockingly slow now though! Crazily. I will have to search the forum and see if there's a thread on speed when I've got a bit more time.

Cheers,

Cliff3D

spacefractal

hmmm. its depend on project and all that. Not sure what happens in your project throught.

Greedy Mouse and Karma Miwa still perform nicely. Howover there can been some speed issues on Windows and also some commands can crawl down on some platforms.

In Greedy Mouse, its sometimes slow in the beginning and then suddelly run in full speed. a issue im have newer could fixed. Im thinks its some sort of array issue here. That hence why im sat Greedy Mouse to 30fps to avoid most of that and disable vsync also help too sometimes.... The most odd here, this issue is only happens on Windows, not on other platforms.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Cliff3D

Thanks - there is some array usage, I'm going to have to do some actual work (argh!) to track down where it's actually slowing down.

Cheers,

Cliff3D

r0ber7

Quote from: Cliff3D on 2017-Mar-14
Quote from: r0ber7 on 2017-Mar-13
Welcome back!

=D

Thanks! It's good to be back. I kept missing my little GLBasic experiments.... but where did the time go? V 14? Seriously????  :S

Cheers,

Cliff

Same here. I was on 11 I think, before. Then  :bed: