GLBasic code editor - BR GLB IDE, with VB .Net source... Update: 21.10.2021

Previous topic - Next topic

Schranz0r

nice to hear you working on that :)

the bracktsproblem is still there for german keyboards... can you add rightclick -> tools -> Add Bracktes to paste like :  []    ?

Problems i found:
- GLOBALS from Source_2 are not in the completion of the mainsource and vise versa (Thats a big thing i HATE on the original IDE!!!!!) :D
- if i add Globals and remove them later i get compile errors:
Code (glbasic) Select
Running GLBasic precompiler
Precompiling done, c++ sources ready, running gcc...
Unchanged files: 'testnew.gbas'
Running cmd: GCC
Running cmd: LINK
gpc_temp0.o:gpc_temp0.cpp:(.text+0x50): undefined reference to `__GLBASIC__::myglobal'
Some error occured durring compiling... code:  1

- ENDFUNCTION is not green/not Highlighted
- create a new Project = crash, if i restart the IDE, the new project is OK...STRANGE
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

dreamerman

Update.

Previously I didn't do any workaround for 'DE' keyboard layout as this problem appears in many code editors, even VisualStudio inserts Ü+ instead of []. But if this is necessary change I will try to fix that, at start there is now 'Add brackets' options in popup menu as you wanted with CtrlB shortcut, if any other keys need to be switched let me know (I'm using qwerty keyboard and it looks like that other chars like ;',. also should be switched).
EndFunction is highlighted, just style parser has some issues with parsing/coloring last chars in file, now should work better but some workaround is always to have one empty line after all of your code.
Create project works ok, tested on 2 pc's (win 8.1, win 7), maybe anti-virus software is blocking something, or try running it with admin rights (but this should be needed, editor save files only in temp directory), if you have VS 2013/2015 installed run source code and maybe this will give some hints what makes this problem.
After typing new/changing some variables press enter and they will be updated (rather current line would be parsed in search of keywords), also when switching to other source file current whole file will be parsed, so all variables should be visible in other sources.
Also can't reproduce that compiling error, it looks like file with definition of 'myglobal' variable wasn't compiled after typing it, I didn't encounter something like this even despite that I'm using this editor for normal projects and nothing like this happens. It looks really strange, send me sources for both files on pm or attach them here.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

Schranz0r

my update :D :

- starting the IDE as admin and create a new project is working fine.
- the Endfunction highlighting is working now
- the Brackets are fine for me now, thanks for that!
- can't get it proper working with GLOBALS from other Sources... one Global was coming up the other one not :/
  (yes i press Enter after i type: GLOBAL myGlobalVar = 10)
- i guess the codeparsing is not on point. I have to press multiple times after ENDTYPE (for example) enter to get the Type showing up in the auto completion.
- can you make CTRL+SPACE (like in GLB) to bring up the auto completion? if there is nothing on the cursor, it show all. if there is a letter it show up all from that and so on? :) 

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

dreamerman

Ah version from yesterday has one nasty issue with parsing function definitions (I was working on some changes in argument counting part and forgot to use proper code for public build), already uploaded with fixed code.
That issue with global vars is caused by defining value of that variable (in same line as definition), I will look into it, should be easy to fix.
Forcing auto completion (for variables/types) with Ctrl+Space would require some more work, and priority is to fix that issue from above.

Edit: I was wrong, variables were recognized properly, just list with current scoped vars wasn't refreshed, now should be ok. New version uploaded.

Schranz0r

Variables from other Files are working right now  :good:
Would be cool to have a indicator whats that Variable/Function is, see attachment.

Bug:
You are not removing the deleted Variables!

The rest is working good so far :)

PC:

CptnRoughnight

Hi,

just downloaded and tested your Editor, very nice! But i got some errors at compiling

Code (glbasic) Select

/mingw/lib/crt2.o:(.text+0x1a5): undefined reference to `___dyn_tls_init_callback'
/mingw/lib/crt2.o:(.text+0x1e3): undefined reference to `__setargv'
Some error occured durring compiling... code:  1

I've tried an existing project, wich compiles fine under GLB14 and a new created one with your IDE. Both the same result.
glblicence.inc is copied. IDE runs with admin rights. Is there anything that i've overlooked?

dreamerman

Update.

Some time ago I tried to use more advanced auto-complete menu (look into 'images' dir to find icons), but some issues occurred, that I wasn't able to resolve, so I sticked to standard simple auto-complete. In meantime AutoCompleteMenu along with ScintillaNet got updated, but I didn't looked into this. Good that you reminded me about that. After some changes to my code, better auto-complete is working quite ok, there are some things to fix, but it's first public release with this feature.

That problem with compilation may be depended (from what I found here on forum) on some sys variable PATH settings, standard GLB ide had similar issues some time ago, maybe some 'hack' is needed to bypass this. Check your PATH variable, maybe has some duplicate definitions or something like this, never had such problem so this will need some time to check, but in some way it can be fixed.

Edit: Yet another update fixing some new issues with loading project, parts of code were changed so they are under testing.

dreamerman

Yesterday I uploaded new version. Switched to more advanced AutoComplete menu, as I figured out how to use it properly with multiple Scintilla objects and GLB style of coding. After few weeks of testing it's looking good, also few tweaks to code analyzing were added.
Some other issues were also fixes: if you used source not from project directory but with absolute path like 'd:/my_glb_libs/gui.gbas' it wasn't passed properly to compiler, projects with more than 10 source files are compiled now (temp source name is based on hex), and so on..
Wasn't able to identify problem with 'undefined reference to `___dyn_tls_init_callback'' as it didn't appear during my tests.

UBERmonkeybot

Schranz0r

Ohhhhhh... i'll try it later!

EDIT:
OK first Start with no Project in it -> get some errors (you know that one's) :)
I create one then restart, all is fine. :good:
Can't find any other big errors now, the only thing i find:

- ENDINLINE is not in the Autocompletion
- created CONSTANT's are not in the completion

So no big deals for now ^^

In the attachments my Colortheme and Screenshot.

PC:

dreamerman

Yeap there was small issue with no project on list - when creating new project an empty bookmark list should be created also, but it wasn't, so there NullException appeared in later code.
ENDINLINE - some GLB keywords are still missing from function definitions file, and GLB syntax highlighting list,  easy to 'fix'.
Haha this is strange but never used Const in GLB so just I forgot about including them in parser :) Fixed, and now they are threated like normal variables.

I can include Your style/color theme in next update, how should I call it, 'Schranz0r_style', 'dark_orange', '50_shades_of_orange'? :)

Schranz0r

PC:

dreamerman

It's not dead if someone asks ;] A small update with few fixes, yet with larger projects some UDT hint issues may appear (to fix it use Project -> Check user variables, or just compile project), as I wasn't able to track them in given time..
If you think that some functionalities are necessary let me know (beside Debug), personally I have some ideas but game projects have higher priority.

dreamerman

To be honest not worthy dedicated post after such time, but editing my last post also wound't be fair if someone is looking for updates on this.
It look's that I fixed of one nastiest bugs that I wasn't able to diagnose from long time. Due to incorrect process/thread handling on my side (during GLB project compilation), the editor was freezing after system events that were affecting threads - like hibernating, changing some system settings. Now after few hours of testing different things that previously cause that issue, I didn't encounter such behavior, so I hope that it's fixed. That was main thing that was annoying me in long terms, and it could be deal breaking for others so that's why I'm posting this.
Changes/fix in process handling is major fix in this update, but beside that there are some other small changes/fixes, nothing huge, and I doubt that any additional major change/feature will come now (like code analysis for warnings or something).

Maybe not best place for such offtopic but if any one is wondering about possible other editors to use with GLB, most modern editors use LanguageServerProtocol to support additional programming languages (I highly advise Visual Studio Code, as mature opensource cross platform tool with many editing features). And you would need to write such lexer/parser as this would be the best way to have GLB support in all other possible editors. I looked into LSP docs and I'm terrified :D writing complex lexer to have support for all features like syntax coloring/formatting, auto-completion, function hints would be huge job, so if anyone feels strong enough I wish him luck ;-)