GLBasic code editor - BR GLB IDE, with VB .Net source... Update: 21.10.2021

Previous topic - Next topic

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Schranz0r

@dreamerman:

Maybe it's better to code it in C#, what you think?
I can help you.

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

dreamerman

Another update, file skipping function (like IncrediBuild) was bugged, now it should work better, also changes in auto-completion (my long-lasting nightmare).
Currently I just don't have time to rewrite whole project (so many unfinished stuff :/), also Scintilla.Net got updated (I'm using ver 2.5, now there is 3.5.6 with probably some API changes), and what would be the main difference comparing to VB .Net? Most important reason to rewrite project (in C# or any other language) would be to have support for DEBUG command like in standard IDE, but for me working stdout is enough.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

r0ber7

This looks interesting. Is there an auto complete function?

Schranz0r

Quote from: dreamerman on 2016-Jan-20
... and what would be the main difference comparing to VB .Net? Most important reason to rewrite project (in C# or any other language) would be to have support for DEBUG command like in standard IDE, but for me working stdout is enough.

I think VB is a bit "outdated", isn't it?
In C# you have more freedom to play with. ;)
Maybe it's also easier to unterstand...

PC:

dreamerman

@r0ber7:
Yes it comes with auto-complete and hints for GLB and user typed functions, variables and types, that was the main reason to start such project. Mostly it's working but there are still some minor bugs.

@Schranz0r:
You know, there is full source code of my editor in download package, with all that VB madness :D and tons of messed code hehe. This was evolving project, and most of unused code is still somewhere in source.

r0ber7

Quote from: dreamerman on 2016-May-09
@r0ber7:
Yes it comes with auto-complete and hints for GLB and user typed functions, variables and types, that was the main reason to start such project. Mostly it's working but there are still some minor bugs.

Nice! If I can get it to compile I'm in. :)

dreamerman

Currently only compiling for WIN32 is working, there were some changes in GLB14 compile scripts, and even in GLB12 I had problems with other platforms so now I just don't test them.
Some important changes today:
- Now each project is compiled in separate temp directory - that is cleared when editor exits. In standard GLB ide, the editor uses one temporary directory for all projects so you can't make small changes in few projects and compile them fast (skipping not changed sources) at same time. Now it's possible. Still I need to check this if all is working fine.
- Ide forces WIN32 plaftorm (as compiling for other targets fails) when loading project.
Thanks to that you can edit your project in br ide, compile it for win32 and test/debug, for other platforms currently use standard glb editor (that uses other temp directory and wont mess with your files).
- Network debugging is disabled - it was done with UDP, but there some problems and it's just better to do it in other app that you can customize, And now you can open few instances/windows of br ide.
- changes in 'show function definition' code, and so on...

Just remember to read first post and setup ide correctly (license file, glb path)..

dreamerman

Customizable styles for syntax coloring added (You can find them in 'styles' directory). It's probably last function that I add to this version.
Now I'm switching to VS 2013 with .Net >4.0 to use newer and still maintained ScintillaNET 3.x version, and again main language it will be VB (I just don't have such C# skills to port whole code fast, and patience/time to do it in slower way). Maybe someone has working c# project that can load GLB projects and so on? Beside that ScintillaNET API changed a lot so it requires a bit of time to get it working with all current features. Hope that newer .Net version will also address some issues.

Schranz0r

PC:

UBERmonkeybot

The IDE complains when it can't find a file in your project but i can't find the window to add files.

dreamerman

Quote from: monkeybot1968 on 2016-Aug-03
The IDE complains when it can't find a file in your project but i can't find the window to add files.
Does it happen in one particular project or more often, does source code file name contain special chars, or is placed in separate directory? You can send me more info with PM, or if you found any other such bug.
Note that project managing is literally very basic, at least for now... Hope that any such bug will be easy to fix.

I need to do some code rework to make it more easy to read (as there are tons of old unused stuff, and so on), beside that it would be nice to have other stuff like code folding, better auto-completion menu, additional functions with parsing (like custom background colors).
Still any debug/tracing/profiler stuff is out of reach for now.

dreamerman

New version uploaded, I would call it 'preview' of beta =D As mentioned earlier it's VB 2013, .Net 4.0 and newer ScintillaNet 3.x project. All functions available in previous version should work, and there are few new and nice features.
Now editor uses custom written lexer for GLBasic so all keywords/comments/variables are colored properly, thanks to this I could also implement proper code folding, margins colored depending on changes in code (yellow - new code, changes to green after compilation), bookmarks saved in separate file.
Support for both GLB v12 and v14 compilers, so you can switch between them fast, still compilation tested only for WIN32 target.
Many small changes, fixes to other stuff.
But can't get new auto-completion working properly so I'm still using that simple build into Scintilla itself.
That release is mainly to test new things, and find any bugs to fix, more polishing, and UI changes may come later. It would be nice to get e.g. Debug command working and so on.
Check first post for download, new screenshot and updated feature list.

Note: Current version of Scintilla doesn't use hard tabs (like most of modern text editors/ide), default soft tabs are 4 spaces width,

Schranz0r

You have some bugs at your Projectcreation routine?!
First Startup was horrible :D

- No Filenames in Tabs
- Crashes -> no Project loaded...
- no compiling possible

can you fixe this problems?

after a restart i think all is fine...

I check it out now, i report you any Bugs i found Mate :D

EDIT:

on create a new Project i got this:

Code (glbasic) Select
Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er darf nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.
Parametername: index
   bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   bei WindowsApplication1.glb_project_class.SaveProjectFile(Boolean save_files) in D:\projekty\glb_ide_vb_2013\glb_project_class.vb:Zeile 190.
   bei WindowsApplication1.glb_project_class.CreateProject(String new_projname, String fullpath) in D:\projekty\glb_ide_vb_2013\glb_project_class.vb:Zeile 337.
   bei WindowsApplication1.Form2.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\projekty\glb_ide_vb_2013\Form2.vb:Zeile 35.
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
    Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 4.6.1080.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
BR_GLB_IDE
    Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/beate/Desktop/br_glb_ide/bin/BR_GLB_IDE.exe.
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 14.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.
System
    Win32-Version: 4.6.1081.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Core
    Win32-Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System.Drawing
    Win32-Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll.
ScintillaNET FindReplaceDialog
    Assembly-Version: 1.1.0.31638.
    Win32-Version: 1.1.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/beate/Desktop/br_glb_ide/bin/ScintillaNET%20FindReplaceDialog.DLL.
ScintillaNET
    Assembly-Version: 3.5.10.0.
    Win32-Version: 3.5.10.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/beate/Desktop/br_glb_ide/bin/ScintillaNET.DLL.
AutocompleteMenu-ScintillaNET
    Assembly-Version: 1.3.4.0.
    Win32-Version: 1.3.4.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/beate/Desktop/br_glb_ide/bin/AutocompleteMenu-ScintillaNET.DLL.
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Xml
    Win32-Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources
    Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 14.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources/v4.0_10.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources.dll.
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

Sorry its german :/

PC:

dreamerman

Fixed and re-uploaded. That bug is called 'I just commented to much lines' :D as I was changing some things in reading/saving routines.
Was project loading working correctly, and other things? Still working on some issues, but this update contains also few fixes for other things.