New competition

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Hi,

easter holidays are approaching - smells like a new compo time.

I'm planning another compo this time, but I have no real idea about a theme, yet.

Since V9 introduces the Palm Pre and has a big focus on iOS programming, I think the game should be 320x480 or landscape.

I wanted a bunch of Palm Pre's for the prize, but I think it's hard to test a game that makes use of special device features if you don't have a real device. (Multitouch and acceleration e.g.)

What would you say about: "Multiplayer game on one device" or, "fun game with educational wealth"?

Remember that the FREE version does not feature network (or only in DEMO mode).

any ideas?

Ian Price

I think both are good ideas Gernot - however if you go with the multiplayer game, it may be worth asking for it to be playable as a single player game too - makes the game easier to judge.
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Yes. I like the idea of having a mulitplayer / party game on mobile devices. (Like Dr. Shiver). The kids enjoy that a lot when waiting for the meal to be served or on boring family meetings.

Leginus

lol doesnt that defeat the object of a family meeting?

matchy

Cool! A compo.  =D

Multiplayer using one device sounds like a good theme with sub-themes like jump in and out or miss a turn whenever a player feels like it. They could either play realtime together and/or turn-based which is more suited for pocket devices in social group meetings and boring events.  :whistle:

Wampus

Multiplayer...one mobile device...hmm  :good: Interesting concept

Hark0

Quote from: Ragaril on 2011-Feb-04
Multiplayer...one mobile device...hmm  :good: Interesting concept

Like Ninja Fruit?

:)
http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

BumbleBee

Quote from:  Kitty Hello
   easter holidays are approaching - smells like a new compo time.

How about a multiplayer Ego shooter for easter. Find and kill the easterbunny?  You can only  kill it by using its own eastereggs.  :booze: Blood and destruction everywhere. A game not just for kids.  ;)  :D

Cheers
The day will come...

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570k, 3.4GHz, AMD Radeon 7800 , 8 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home 64Bit

okee

QuoteBlood and destruction everywhere. A game not just for kids.
but for Psychopaths also :)

I like the idea of a multiplayer on one device idea, something that can be passed around
and played with a group of people.
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

Ian Price

Simultaneous or turn-based games can be a great source of entertainment/enjoyment. The banter my family has every time we play Worms on XBox360 is simply wonderful :)
I came. I saw. I played.

hardyx

I vote for "fun games with educational wealth", because program and debug network games is a nightmare and take more time. I like to see fun casual games for all ages, and better if you can teach something to the player.

Kitty Hello

OK, educational it's then.
Should there be a age rage for the education stuff?

Ian Price

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Feb-07
OK, educational it's then.
Should there be a age rage for the education stuff?
How old are your kids Gernot? ;) :D
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Hehe. The topic would be "educational game that does _not_ smell like work" then :P