Update

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Fixes issues with the Palm Pixi device (you have a new "platform" called "PALM_PIXI" that is compatible with any iOS device). Please use the "WEBOS" platform for 2.x distributions, only.

I hope the pixi market share might bring a few bucks for you. The Pixi-AppCatalog is quite empty, so there's a fair chance IMO.

Crivens

Cool. I only have a Pre2, so what are the differences? Can I just flag it as Pixi compatible now with my Pre2 tested and working code, or do I need to take a few things into account? Importantly if resolution has to be accounted for, and I know my code works on my Pre2, then will testing on a PC at Pixi resolution be enough to be confident that it should be fine on the Pixi?

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Ian Price

Palm Pixi is a slower machine than Pre/Pre2, so you can't guarantee that an app that works on the Pre will work on the Pixi at the desired standard.

It's only officially supported to WebOS 1.4.5. You will have to mark your app as minimum 1.4.5, not 2.XX. The Pixi can be made to work on 2.X, but it's not officially supported.

The biggest difference though (as you've mentioned) is that the screen resolution is 320x400 (not 320x480 like the Pre).

Good work Gernot. Many thanks =D
I came. I saw. I played.

mentalthink

new Update?¿,
well I try to install it, and Glbasic tell me it´s updated yet.
I dowload the last version from server, and the same...

Perhaps I´m very tired, and I confused reading.  :blink: :blink:  :noggin:

erico

Great! it´s almost a new platform! great work! :good:

hardyx

Thanks Gernot for this "new" platform. In Spain Palm phones was distributed by Vodafone, but now they don't sell Palms anymore. :(

BTW, where (URL) can I see the available apps for Palm?

MrTAToad

Its a bit tricky without a device as the general store isn't available.  However, this https://developer.palm.com/content/showcase/app_showcase.html should let you search for things.

MrTAToad

Metalthink - I dont think it he has released it yet...

MrTAToad

Could PLATFORMINFO$("") be updated so that it returns a different value for HP Tablets ?

Hatonastick

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2011-Aug-03
Metalthink - I dont think it he has released it yet...
You still using 10.057 as well?
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

MrTAToad

Yes, indeedly doodly...

Kitty Hello

another quick update, that fixed the X_world2screen and adds the getscreensize for usescreen surfaces.
I also might have changed the buffer size for the android sound system. Can you please test if it's working better now?

Qube

Sorry, Kitty, X_WORLD2SCREEN still not working on the iPad (but fine on PC) with the latest 10.084  :(

Kitty Hello

Darn. What could that be then... I've got to turn the Mac on then.

Minion

Sadly no change in sound on Android either ;(