Just an observation...

Previous topic - Next topic

Darmakwolf

Windows 8 works fine with GLBasic. HOWEVER (and I know this is no fault of Gernot's, but it should still be looked at,) WindowBlinds is one of the most popular customization programs for Windows. Windowblinds 8 was released shortly ago; and it renders all GLBasic windowed apps useless. They just freeze and show a white rectangle. Tried lots of glbasic apps, including a simple while-showscreen-wend. It immediately worked again once relaunching with windowblinds disabled. I don't seem to remember having this problem using windowblinds in win7. Maybe it's a simple fix, I don't know - but I am willing to bet many 8 users are going to at least get the windowblinds trial so it doesn't look like a kindergartener made their OS.

fuzzy70

Interesting. Might be worth trying something else that is OpenGL based & windowed to see what happens.

Not a test I can do as I don't have Win8, purely for the reason that everything I use works perfectly in Win7 so as the old saying goes "If it ain't broke don't fix it"  :D. If I had any programs etc that required Win8 then I would think about changing but that is not on the cards yet.

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

geekpeter

if it didnt do so with wblinds in win7, then surely the issue is not with glbasic but either windows or windowblinds, esp if glbasic stuff was fine before that.

fuzzy70

If you bought Windowblinds 8 I would get in touch with them as it only happens when that is running.

GLBasic is a windows compliant program whereas windowblinds & other modding type programs intercept or patch the windows API etc increasing the risk of programs not playing ball.

Out of interest do the GLB programs run fine full-screen when windowblinds is active or just windowed apps go strange?

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)