Converted Amiga Imagine objects to 3DS

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzy70

I came across these a few months ago & kept meaning to post them here for others. I basically took them off a 17-Bit PD Amiga disk & converted them to 3DS format so you can load them in Blender/AC3D  etc or the built in DDD converter.

I cannot vouch for the copyright status of these objects other than to say they did come from a PD library. You may find them useful as placeholders until you create your own models & as they came from the Amiga nearly all have a low poly count. I have checked some random ones to see if the conversion was successful & all seemed fine but there may be some which went wrong, couldn't be bothered to check all 180 of them  :D

These are the contents

Code (glbasic) Select

A-Wing.grp.3ds
A1000.scene.silver.3ds
a2000.iob.3ds
A3000-CPU.obj.3ds
A3000-Keyboard.obj.3ds
alien8door.iob.3ds
android.iob.3ds
Antenna.obj.3ds
Apple.iob.3ds
apple2.iob.3ds
archeddoor.iob.3ds
archeddoor2.iob.3ds
AT-AT.3ds
Audio-Old.3ds
aust.3ds
ballon.iob.3ds
Balloon.iob.3ds
banana.iob.3ds
BatWing.iob.3ds
beamdoor.iob.3ds
Bed.3ds
BELL_X-1.silver.3ds
bkacheln.iob.3ds
blockh.iob.3ds
book.iob.3ds
Bookshelf.iob.3ds
bottle.iob.3ds
bottle1.iob.3ds
brickwork.iob.3ds
Building1.3ds
Building2.3ds
BulletinBoard.iob.3ds
Callipers.iob.3ds
Chair.3ds
champagne.iob.3ds
cirarch1.iob.3ds
cirarch2.iob.3ds
cirarch3.iob.3ds
clock.iob.3ds
cobra.iob.3ds
column1.iob.3ds
column2.iob.3ds
column5.iob.3ds
Couch.3ds
cow3.new.3ds
crypt.iob.3ds
cryptship.3ds
CUPBOARD-1.3ds
DALEK.TEX.3ds
dancer.iob.3ds
dart.iob.3ds
Delta Fighter.3ds
desklamp.iob.3ds
diskbox.iob.3ds
diskbox2.iob.3ds
doppeld.iob.3ds
DOS2.3ds
DRESSER.TEX.3ds
drillbit.iob.3ds
DSTAR.3ds
eggcup.iob.3ds
enterprise.iob.3ds
eschersx.iob.3ds
expresso.iob.3ds
f15.iob.3ds
F15e.iob.3ds
fahrrad.iob.3ds
Fan.3ds
Fan.blades.3ds
fishtank.iob.3ds
flower.iob.3ds
fly.obj.3ds
Froggy.scene.silver.3ds
glass1.iob.3ds
glass2.iob.3ds
glass3.iob.3ds
glass4.iob.3ds
glass6.iob.3ds
glasses.iob.3ds
Glass_Bowl.dec.3ds
goblet.iob.3ds
gotharc4.iob.3ds
ground.3ds
Gun.3ds
gun.iob.3ds
hang.iob.3ds
HotAirBalloon.scene.silver.3ds
Hubble_Telescope.3ds
human-object.3ds
Im-A-Wing fighter.3ds
IM-B-Wing fighter.3ds
IM-Tie Fighter.3ds
IM-Tie Interceptor.3ds
ImperialShuttle.grp.3ds
jeep.iob.3ds
joystick.iob.3ds
Lamp.silver.3ds
lamp1.iob.3ds
Laser.3ds
Lightsabre.iob.3ds
light_lamp.3ds
Magic_Marker.3ds
man.iob.3ds
match.iob.3ds
matchbo2.iob.3ds
matchbox.iob.3ds
MECH.3ds
mensch.iob.3ds
Mil-Falcon.obj.3ds
monitor.iob.3ds
Movie_Light.3ds
Movie_Light_Stand.3ds
mushroom.iob.3ds
NCC-1701D.3ds
outlet.iob.3ds
Outlet.obj.3ds
pararch1.iob.3ds
pear.iob.3ds
PHILIPS.TEX.3ds
phone1.iob.3ds
pinwand.iob.3ds
plug.iob.3ds
potplant.iob.3ds
pushpin.iob.3ds
rennboot.iob.3ds
RoboHand.iob.3ds
Scout-Walker.obj.3ds
Scout-Walker.silver.3ds
ScoutWalkerGREY.obj.3ds
sektscha.iob.3ds
shades.iob.3ds
shelarch.iob.3ds
shuttle.iob.3ds
sideboard.TEX.3ds
Snowspeed.iob.3ds
Snowspeeder.grp.3ds
socbal.iob.3ds
SONIC_SCREWDRIVER.TEX.3ds
SOPWITH_CAMEL.silver.3ds
soul-hunter_ship.3ds
sp-book.iob.3ds
Spaceship.total.new.3ds
SpellBook.iob.3ds
spring.iob.3ds
Stapler.silver.3ds
StarTrekInsignia-4.iob.3ds
STLOUIS.silver.3ds
surfbord.iob.3ds
T-16.iob.3ds
T-17SpaceFighter.3ds
tank4.iob.3ds
tank5.iob.3ds
tank6.iob.3ds
tank7.iob.3ds
tank8.iob.3ds
TARDIS.TEX.3ds
TIE-Fighter.obj.3ds
Tie-Fighter.silver.3ds
TIE-Interceptor.obj.3ds
Tie.Interceptor.3ds
Tiefighter3.silver.3ds
tommygun.iob.3ds
tyranid.3ds
Videocam.obj.3ds
violcase.iob.3ds
Vorlon1.3ds
Voyager.iob.3ds
Walker.3ds
Walker.angle.3ds
Walker.iob.3ds
WarBird.3ds
watch.iob.3ds
X-15.silver.3ds
X-Wing.iob.3ds
X-Wing.silver.3ds
X-wingO.obj.3ds
x29.iob.3ds
Y-wing.obj.3ds
Y-Wing.silver.3ds
Zenith_Star_Laser.3ds

Lee

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

mentalthink

In the principal web, GLbasic announces a 3d Models converter, if not have the extension you can use another very good but it´s for pay...

If I don´t rebember bad the name it´s Okyno Polytrans, it´s a very old soft for translate from suite to another , but at today it´s working... very good, but very expensive...

fuzzy70

Quote from: mentalthink on 2012-Apr-28
In the principal web, GLbasic announces a 3d Models converter, if not have the extension you can use another very good but it´s for pay...

If I don´t rebember bad the name it´s Okyno Polytrans, it´s a very old soft for translate from suite to another , but at today it´s working... very good, but very expensive...

There is a Converter tool built into GLB under the tools menu, not something I have played with due to not having a full GLB license yet so not looked at the 3D commands etc. Also I came from Blitz3D & writing 3D games was not for me, I enjoyed playing them & creating 3D scenes with Cinema 4D etc but got no "Buzz" so to speak writing them.

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

mentalthink

Sorry fuzzy I write confusing... no I wanna told you, in the main web, not the GLbasic Converter, I don´t know where it´s , it´s a soft of another men... this can export a lot of formats... search a while in the web, I think you will find it... (NOT it´s the Glbasic converter)

erico

Imagine was one of the first 3d programs I got myself into :good: together with caligary and sculp 3d back on the amiga days.
Great!

fuzzy70

DKBTrace (precursor to POV-RAY I believe) was the start of 3D for me, can't remember if Imagine or Real3D where my 1st commercial programs I bought & used on the Amiga.

Cinema 4D & Lightwave (latter thanks to being a Babylon 5 fan) took over to which they are still my main apps on PC, although I tend to use Cinema the most.

Caligary I played with briefly which funny enough ended up my 1st Windows prog on PC. I had access to 3D studio 4 on dos at work that was similar in some ways to Lightwave in being split into modules but I have never been able to get on with 3DS MAX, nothing wrong with the program just to used to the Lightwave/Cinema 4D workflow & way of thinking.

Lee
- "These go to eleven."

fuzzy70

Quote from: mentalthink on 2012-Apr-28
Sorry fuzzy I write confusing... no I wanna told you, in the main web, not the GLbasic Converter, I don´t know where it´s , it´s a soft of another men... this can export a lot of formats... search a while in the web, I think you will find it... (NOT it´s the Glbasic converter)

Sorry I get what you mean now  =D. Finding an Imagine converter was quite easy, finding one that could handle Amiga format ones took a bit of searching (and loads of out of date links). I think it was partly due to a change in file formats in the PC version of Imagine & also the Big Endian/Little Endian difference between PC/Amiga cpu's

Lee
- "These go to eleven."

erico

Lightwave is my main tool ever since newtek released a version outside video toaster.
I have worked with almost all main 3d applications including studio 3d on DOS.
Nowadays I avoid max and maya as I take their renders to be too slow and publicity does not afford me time (It could be me that don´t have enough knowlegde to optimise things on those programs but it seems all my friends that use it suffer from too long render time, animation for movies is completely out of the question without a render farm).

fuzzy70

I'm odd in that I find the way Lightwave renders fascinating & mesmerising  :blink:. It just looks random when it starts doing a frame & I try to guess where it is going to start rendering  :D.

Lightwave 9.6 was my last version I purchased but being out of work & health issues has prevented me from getting the latest  :( (11 I think).

Lee
- "These go to eleven."

erico

11.something I think, a newer version just came out a few days.
I´m still running 10. I´m a bit sad that they decided to dump the whole new core stuff after, I think (IMHO), realizing you don´t throw out a traditional mark you created and that you make better money to release the innovations on steps over the same old name...just like any other brand Not that it is the best tool, has advantages and disadvantages like any other.

I do use Blender once in a while for fluid and a few psycho scripts once in a while, its fluid is something I would spend a lot of time should I be a kid, quite wonderful stuff and easy to put up. Since it didn´t exist at that time, I wasted my time building castles out of cardboxes... :S

Kitty Hello

Do you have more information about the disk that you got them from? Or can you link the adf file?
If they are really PD, I consider packing them with GLBasic.

Aw, they have mostly the normal vertices set to 0 or flipped triangles. That would be a lot of work to make them properly. :(

Attached the ddd models.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kitty Hello

It requires an Unity3D pluging, which I detest to install.

fuzzy70

Leave it with me Kitty & I will track down a link etc for them. Mine came from an Amiga 17bit PD CD I have but am sure I have seen them on aminet or similar. Also I still have an Amiga & 3d conversion software so I can do proper versions if you need me to.

Lee

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk 2
- "These go to eleven."