GLBasic on wine

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Yes, finally!
The new update runs on Linux, using WINE. Tested with Ubuntu 6.? Feisty Frowning or something.
I'm uploading...

matty47

HI,
I downloaded the sdk again ( probably didn't have to as it appeared to be the same as previously downloaded) and installed glbasic under wine. The editor ran OK and I was able to use the internet update to bring up to latest version.The editor works OK and the precompiler seems to work but I get an error with compiling
Quotecompiling:
g++.exe: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': No such file or directory
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum
Same error when options set to compile for windows or for linux
I am using Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn. Looks like a path error? although GLBasic did not seem to set any path variables on my winxp laptop.
Any thoughts
thanks
Matthew

Kitty Hello

Yes, it's not in the setup, yet. However, the live-update works on WINE, too (I've put a lot of effort in all this). So, I upload the update later today and you can get it then.

matty47

Hi Gernot,
I do appreciate the effort that you put into making your product user friendly and reliable. I have switched to Linux and only use windows in VMWare to use GLBasic. Being able to use under WINE is a great step forward. (I do have a laptop that runs winXP that I have not changed over to Linux yet??)
Anyway thanks once again
Matthew

planetm

I also really appreciate your work on this, I'm looking forward to testing it later :)

Kitty Hello

The best is - it works with Beryl on my machine. That makes programming even more fun now...

planetm

I tried this out last night (installed, updated, compiled and executed a few examples), worked perfectly - finally I can stop having to use my work laptop for glbasic stuff :) Thanks Gernot.

Kuron

Gernot, thank you very much for this.  I really appreciate all of the hard work you have put into it.

Now, how long before GLBasic will support the iPhone and iTouch :D  Just teasing.

Thank you so much!

Kitty Hello

As long as there's no legal, free SDK, I won't port it. If there is, it's usually a question of a few weeks. As seen with Mac and GP2X.

trucidare

Apple will release a SDK for both Iphone and Itouch soon. So Gernot can port it to these platforms.
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

Kitty Hello

iTouch is iPod touch? That's an iPhone wit no phone, is it?

trucidare

yes. Gernot. IPhone and ITouch use the same SDK. It is available in February 2k8
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

Kitty Hello

K, see you in Feb then ;)

planetm

Quote from: matty47HI,
I downloaded the sdk again ( probably didn't have to as it appeared to be the same as previously downloaded) and installed glbasic under wine. The editor ran OK and I was able to use the internet update to bring up to latest version.The editor works OK and the precompiler seems to work but I get an error with compiling
Quotecompiling:
This error seems to be back. I've done a clean install of opensuse 10.3, then installed the glbasic sdk (recent version, downloaded last night), then done an internet update and I get the same problem when compiling:

Quote*** Configuration: WIN32 ***
precompiling:
GPC - GLBasic Precompiler V.2007.297 - 3D, NET
Wordcount:3 commands

compiling:
Matt.

Kitty Hello

Oh dear. Thank you. I'm after that then.
See your file: compiler/platform/platform.ini
In[win32], does the bin="XXX" stand in quotes?