AE 2.9

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Hi Sf,

Probably something small but errors on compile.

I installed Full install of 2.8 then smaller 10mb of 2.9 AE

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 30 source files to C:\Users\gary\Documents\GL_PROJECTS\GLBasic\BlockDrop_2\distribute\Android\bin\classes
    [javac] C:\Users\gary\Documents\GL_PROJECTS\GLBasic\BlockDrop_2\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\ToastAdListener.java:19: error: package com.google.android.gms.ads does not exist
    [javac] import com.google.android.gms.ads.AdListener;
    [javac]                                  ^
    [javac] C:\Users\gary\Documents\GL_PROJECTS\GLBasic\BlockDrop_2\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\ToastAdListener.java:20: error: package com.google.android.gms.ads does not exist
    [javac] import com.google.android.gms.ads.AdRequest;
    [javac]                                  ^
    [javac] C:\Users\gary\Documents\GL_PROJECTS\GLBasic\BlockDrop_2\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\ToastAdListener.java:29: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] public class ToastAdListener extends AdListener {
    [javac]                                      ^
    [javac]   symbol: class AdListener
    [javac] C:\Users\gary\Documents\GL_PROJECTS\GLBasic\BlockDrop_2\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\ToastAdListener.java:38: error: method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
    [javac]     @Override
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

spacefractal

Remove the old ToastAdListene.java. java files...

As well new ae releases, all ways clean the src from folder.

As I'm wrote there is changes. Also check you have android/bin/binary in the glbasic compiler dir.

Hope I'm got those in the install. Ads used is different than before, because androidicons.exe now checks which ads service you used (if you uses one) and then copy the relevant files.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

I started with a clean compile (no 'distribute -> Android' folder) but still got the errors - do you mean remove toast from somewhere else?

QuoteAs I'm wrote there is changes. Also check you have android/bin/binary in the glbasic compiler dir.

No binary folder that I can see
Comp:

spacefractal

I'm checkout when home. I'm in trip home.

There should been some java and jar files there. By default there is no ads service used. Androidicons.exe should also output which ads service it's use and copy relevant files from that new foldee. Ither amazon Google or none. But the mention java file was quite very old. I'm might also deleted in the installer. I'm checks it, and re-upload if required.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Cool - thanks...SF!

Comp:

spacefractal

both files is gonna upload now (minor and full).

Checks those after install:
- AndroidIcons.exe output AndroidIcons.exe [v3-3-2015] running...
- Compiler\platform\android\bin\build\Intersitials folder exists with 5 files.
- the new Java listener file is named Interstitial.java (copied from one of the 3 java files from above folder as well the required sdk).
- There is changes to interstitial.gbas as well.

ads are checked by one of the two activity strings in androidmanifest.xml (with big A's in AdActivity for both):
- com.amazon.device.ads.AdActivity
- com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity

If AndroidIcons.exe cant find it, then ads service is set to "none" and remove the sdk from your end build.

MrPlow

Hi SF

Thanks for this I will test later.
Hopefully all is okay - I copied all the AE gbas files from the compiler > android-extras sample was that okay to do?

Was interstitial the only gbas file with changes?

:)
Comp:

MrPlow

New app compiled with the new 2.9.0 AE - Happy Days are here again!!!

Thanks SF!

Some beer / donut money coming your way! :)
Comp:

MrPlow

Just a problem with the ad loading so maybe i am using wrong file this file says Admob is removed?!

[edit]

Sorted i see what you did now...ads seem to be working a treat now!
Comp:

spacefractal

I'm just forget remove that string about removed, but was stated in the help file. I'm fix that typo and confuction.

Admob is automatic removed if the manifest string was not found.

MrPlow

I commented out the Android memory check killfile commands, you have them in there.
Hibernate key is working with my new app - so glad I will be able to get it passed on Amazon now too
Comp:

spacefractal

Did I'm not remove that function? I'm do that in next version. The function is not required at all anymore and should been deprecated. This is done automatic in Java yet. Originally it's to save internal memory on a low specs android devices after a image have been read.

MrPlow

I have renamed global as

GLOBAL adService as ads

So that I don't have to keep modifying parts of my code in various app versions.
I hope that doesn't cause any issues? I think it should be fine?

Also does Netwebend still not work - is that one for GLB core update?
Comp:

Minion

Have just updated AE to 2.9 (I tried with 2.8 but that also failed) and tried to compile for android but thru up various errors. Thought it might be my code so tried with the supplied AE sample (clean compile etc) and still get errors. I have no idea whats wrong and hope someone can shed some light on the problem.

Code (glbasic) Select

-compile:
    [javac] Compiling 66 source files to C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\bin\classes
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Interstitial.java:31: duplicate class: org.libsdl.app.Interstitial
    [javac]  class Interstitial {
    [javac]  ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:347: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : constructor Interstitial()
    [javac] location: class org.libsdl.app.Interstitial
    [javac] { InterstitialAd=new Interstitial();
    [javac]                ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:348: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : variable currentActivity
    [javac] InterstitialAd.currentActivity=(Activity)mSingleton;
    [javac]               ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:349: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method init(android.content.Context)
    [javac] InterstitialAd.init(getContext());
    [javac]               ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:442: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : variable isshow
    [javac] { if (InterstitialAd.isshow==false)
    [javac]                   ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:1063: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method show()
    [javac] if (tokens[1].equals("show"))     { InterstitialAd.show();            }
    [javac]                                                   ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:1065: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method error()
    [javac] if (tokens[1].equals("error"))    { result=InterstitialAd.error(); return result;    }
    [javac]                                                          ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:338: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method getConnectedAppstoreName()
    [javac] location: class org.onepf.oms.OpenIabHelper
    [javac] { String sku=mHelper.getSku(mHelper.getConnectedAppstoreName(), tokens[2]);
    [javac]                                  ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:345: cannot find symbol
    [javac] { String sku=mHelper.getSku(mHelper.getConnectedAppstoreName(), tokens[2]);
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:353: cannot find symbol
    [javac] skuactivate = mHelper.getStoreSku(mHelper.getConnectedAppstoreName(), sku);
    [javac]                                          ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:383: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : variable NAME_SLIDEME
    [javac] { storeKeys.put(OpenIabHelper.NAME_SLIDEME, SLIDEME);
    [javac]                            ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:388: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : variable NAME_APPLAND
    [javac] { storeKeys.put(OpenIabHelper.NAME_APPLAND, APPLAND_PUBLIC_KEY);
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:414: cannot find symbol
    [javac] sku = mHelper.getStoreSku(mHelper.getConnectedAppstoreName(), sku);
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:418: cannot find symbol
    [javac] ShopName=mHelper.getConnectedAppstoreName();
    [javac]                 ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:440: cannot find symbol
    [javac] String appstore=mHelper.getConnectedAppstoreName();
    [javac]                        ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:470: cannot find symbol
    [javac] inappPurchase=mHelper.getSku(mHelper.getConnectedAppstoreName(), inappPurchase);
    [javac]                                     ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:510: cannot find symbol
    [javac] { if (Ouya==false) sku=mHelper.getSku(mHelper.getConnectedAppstoreName(), sku);
    [javac]                                            ^
    [javac] Note: C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    [javac] 17 errors

BUILD FAILED
Q:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:720: The following error occurred while executing this line:
Q:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:734: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 2 seconds
BUILD STAGE 4: Build a release build
   [subant] No sub-builds to iterate on
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Interstitial.java:31: duplicate class: org.libsdl.app.Interstitial
    [javac]  class Interstitial {
    [javac]  ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:347: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : constructor Interstitial()
    [javac] { InterstitialAd=new Interstitial();
    [javac]                ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:348: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : variable currentActivity
    [javac] InterstitialAd.currentActivity=(Activity)mSingleton;
    [javac]               ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:349: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method init(android.content.Context)
    [javac] InterstitialAd.init(getContext());
    [javac]               ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:442: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : variable isshow
    [javac] { if (InterstitialAd.isshow==false)
    [javac]                   ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:1063: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method show()
    [javac] if (tokens[1].equals("show"))     { InterstitialAd.show();            }
    [javac]                                                   ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:1065: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method error()
    [javac] if (tokens[1].equals("error"))    { result=InterstitialAd.error(); return result;    }
    [javac]                                                          ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:338: cannot find symbol
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:345: cannot find symbol
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:353: cannot find symbol
    [javac] skuactivate = mHelper.getStoreSku(mHelper.getConnectedAppstoreName(), sku);
    [javac]                                          ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:383: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : variable NAME_SLIDEME
    [javac] { storeKeys.put(OpenIabHelper.NAME_SLIDEME, SLIDEME);
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:388: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : variable NAME_APPLAND
    [javac] { storeKeys.put(OpenIabHelper.NAME_APPLAND, APPLAND_PUBLIC_KEY);
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:414: cannot find symbol
    [javac] sku = mHelper.getStoreSku(mHelper.getConnectedAppstoreName(), sku);
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:418: cannot find symbol
    [javac] ShopName=mHelper.getConnectedAppstoreName();
    [javac]                 ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:440: cannot find symbol
    [javac] String appstore=mHelper.getConnectedAppstoreName();
    [javac]                        ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:470: cannot find symbol
    [javac] inappPurchase=mHelper.getSku(mHelper.getConnectedAppstoreName(), inappPurchase);
    [javac]                                     ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:510: cannot find symbol
    [javac] { if (Ouya==false) sku=mHelper.getSku(mHelper.getConnectedAppstoreName(), sku);
    [javac]                                            ^
    [javac] Note: C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\android\Android Extras\AndroidSample.app\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    [javac] 17 errors
    [javac] Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xms256m -Xmx512m

BUILD FAILED
Q:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:720: The following error occurred while executing this line:
Q:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:734: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

spacefractal

If two Java files uses same class names, then its fails compiling. Im have recently renamed the interstitials java files and the old one is not cleaned.

Same for the shop issues for Ouya, which means you property have a old ouya sdk, that diddent got replaced correctly. im recently have fixed up shop.java, so its uses the new sdk ouya. The ouya sdk and shop.java is required, even you dont use it.

Please delete both libs and src folders in your distribute\Android folder and try again.

PS. The ouya SDK should dated 06-11-2014 and distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\shop.java should dated 13-02-2015 (or newer).