HP To Shut Down WebOS Operations

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

The tracking number updated a couple hours ago saying the Item is damaged. I called the postal service here in America and they are contacting Germany to find out whats going on. They said it could take 18 days. I assume the box got hurt some how. I shipped it in a USPS Express Mail box, wrapped up and surrounded with big air bubble plastic. I am not sure how it got damaged. I don't know if you can find out anything over there in Germany. Please let me know if you can. Thanks.

bad omen!?

Crivens

Eh? Is this your TP? Nooooo! My wife said today that her contact where she got me a TP is supposed to be getting some more stock soon (I had the last one). Do you want me to ask her to get one?

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Kitty Hello

Ian Price

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Sep-08
The tracking number updated a couple hours ago saying the Item is damaged. I called the postal service here in America and they are contacting Germany to find out whats going on. They said it could take 18 days. I assume the box got hurt some how. I shipped it in a USPS Express Mail box, wrapped up and surrounded with big air bubble plastic. I am not sure how it got damaged. I don't know if you can find out anything over there in Germany. Please let me know if you can. Thanks.

bad omen!?
Poor Kitty :(
I came. I saw. I played.

Crivens

Ok, I have asked my wife if any left. When I got one they were a bit more than the firesale price but still not bad. My 16gb was £149 for instance.

Cheers

Crivens

Gernot: Ok I have private messaged you.

Cheers

Kitty Hello

Thanks!
I have the feeling, that someone at the customs clearance saw what device it was and just stole it. I should demand to see the broken item (with serial number).

Kitty Hello

QuoteAddressee requests own pick-up - Item being held, addressee being notified, September 08, 2011, 9:49 am, GERMANY

We're always at home. My wife at least is. Until today, where she came to Munich for a shopping tour. I hope I can pick it up tomorrow without damage. Maybe it was just the package.

erico

great.

hopefully it won´t develop into a novela and everything is fine, cross fingers (and toes).

Ian Price

The TP is pretty well packaged, so hopefully there will be no physical damage to the device at all.
I came. I saw. I played.

Marmor

Got one !  its really cool  i like it and webos is great , cant understand these Android nerds !

gernot dont forget your pumpgun ;)

bigsofty

This is a nice development, its a direct result of TP sales or so they say...

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/369838/fusion-garage-cuts-price-of-grid10-tablet
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Crivens

Yeah, who knew people would buy tablets that are more expensive than laptops, IF they were cheaper... Slap them with the obvious stick I say...

Cheers

Kitty Hello

for $99, they will get more market share than Apple's iPad for sure. I think that would not be possible, though. (Although X-Box sales were cheaper than the manufacturing costs and MS tried to make money from licensed games.) We'll see.

Yes, the HP touchpad is an awesome device. I like the feels of it and the WebOS just is the right Os for mobile devices. I also like the German keyboard layout much better than the iPad's, but I heard that iOS5 might fix that.

Crivens

Yeah you get the idea that the next generation of iOS and Android will probably leave it looking old unless they really do keep updating it. You never know. For now though that TP/WebOS audience is looking pretty good considering there is practically nothing available compared to iOS. I have already spent more than I ever did on iOS just because there wasn't anything I wanted for free. But I *wanted* it. eg. a file manager. Don't think there is even a rubbish free one, only a paid for one. It's a prime market if you ask me, but (very) possibly a temporary one.

Cheers