Saw this new HTML5 game builder

Previous topic - Next topic

Wampus

Came across a HTML5 game builder called Construct 2. Its one of those 'no programming required' thingies.

Not my bag but I thought the example projects looked intriguing. I do believe getting GLBasic able to compile for HTML5 will be an awesome thing.

erico

I gave a go on constructor 1 a long time ago.
Not bad, but for anything good at all, you have to dwell on their script language.

I thought....
"heck, If I´m to learn some script language, I might as well code the full thing"

That is usually what puts me off into gamemaking visual solutions.

Hatonastick

Expecting this sort of thing to start coming out of the woodwork with HTML 5.  GameMaker has a HTML5 builder now I think too, although you have to buy it separately.  All good for the ChromeBook I guess.  :)

http://www.google.com/chromebook/index.html#utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ntp-holidays-na-us-bkws&utm_medium=ntp-holidays
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

mentalthink

I think it´s something like GameSalad, I try this a whie, but it´s very limited, I think when Glbasic can make Html5, will give 1000 rounds, all those easy software...

Wampus

Quote from: mentalthink on 2011-Nov-24
I think it´s something like GameSalad, I try this a whie, but it´s very limited, I think when Glbasic can make Html5, will give 1000 rounds, all those easy software...

*Nods*. Game builders seem like they'll be easy to use yet GLBasic balances out better for ease of use, imop. Why? Because in the long run the limitations of game builders make it harder to design and create small games unless they happen to be ideally suited to the game builder engine.