Newton

Previous topic - Next topic

Moru

I just downloaded everything fresh today

Kitty Hello

OK, please delete the folder "My Documents\GLBasic\Samples". Then try a live-update.
If no update is online, remove the registry value:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Dream_Design\GLBasic\HomePath_Version
and restart the editor. It should now copy the sample files again.

Moru

Yes, it copied the samplefiles but it's still doing the same error, can you get it working? It's the same on all of the example files, complaining on the NewtonSDK.gbas

Code (glbasic) Select
INLINE
// Newton:

#ifdef LINUX     // <--- compiler is complaining on this line
#define NEWTON_DLL "newton.so"
#else
#define NEWTON_DLL "newton.dll"
#endif
Code (glbasic) Select
*** Configuration: WIN32 ***
precompiling:
GPC - GLBasic Precompiler V.2007.258 - 2D, WIN32

"..\NewtonSDK.gbas"(22) error : redefinition as different type

Kitty Hello

What is going on!? Can anyone confirm this bug? It works perfectly on my new installation as well as on a virtualPC image... Oh dear.
It should not complain in an INLINE function at all...

Oh!!! Got it. You have the 2D SDK. Thus, INLINE is a no-no for you. It's only in the demo. Which is pretty stupid. You have more rights than a demo, but the demo can compile demo-inlines, you can't.
Hmmm.. Serious problem here. I'll look how to solve that.

Moru

no worries with that for my sake, I'm soon buying the full package but might be nice for future demo-programmers that wants to try the language. Any chance for a linux compiler or is Wine supported and will it be supported in the future?

bigsofty

Quote from: GernotFrischOh!!! Got it. You have the 2D SDK. Thus, INLINE is a no-no for you. It's only in the demo. Which is pretty stupid. You have more rights than a demo, but the demo can compile demo-inlines, you can't.
Hmmm.. Serious problem here. I'll look how to solve that.
How about a watermark if certain commands are used?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

Bigsofty: That's the way it should be, if you use any command you don't have a license for. INLINE is a bit of a problem, here.

Moru: Linux compiler is there (Shift+F8), but the editor (IDE) is not, yet. We're doing serious considerations and tests right now. Since a Mac IDE would be cool, too.