Editor glitch

Previous topic - Next topic

Moru

There is no keyboard shortcut for "redo". Menu lists it as the same as "undo".

FutureCow

I'm sure you know, but I'll put it here incase anyone doesn't.
Redo is CTRL-Y

Quentin

thanks! I didn't know

Moru

I didn't either but should have guessed since the german keyboard has Y where most others have Z. Normally redo is SHIFT+CTRL+Z.

Ian Price

CTRL + Z and CTRL + Y are my friends! :)
I came. I saw. I played.

FutureCow

Quote from: Moru on 2010-Feb-01
Normally redo is SHIFT+CTRL+Z.

Funny, I'm used to redo normally being CTRL-Y  O_O

Ian Price

REDO is CTRL + Y here too.

Non-American keyboard shortcuts maybe?
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

It's Ctrl+Y all the way except for Corel Draw :s.

Old Dos Programs had Shift-Ins / Ctrl+Ins, which work on most editors even today.

Moru

Shift-Ins / Ctrl+Ins is cust and paste, glbasic menu says ctrl+z is undo AND redo, says nothing ctrl+y.

Read the first post guys, I don't care what other programs do it with :-)

My keyboard has special buttons for undo/redo and they work fine :-)

Ian Price

But CTRL + Y works in GLBasic. What's the problem?
I came. I saw. I played.

Moru

The problem is stated in the first post, the MENU in GLBasic says that redo is CTRL+Z when it clearly is CTRL+Y.

Ian Price

Who uses menus? :P

It's hardly a glitch, as per thread title, but yes both UNDO and REDO are listed as using CTRL + Z.
I came. I saw. I played.

Moru

Well, anyone that is new to the language/editor uses the menu to figure out what the key shortcuts are. For example, I have always used ctrl+z for undo and shift+ctrl+z for redo in the editors I usually use. So now when I don't get redo working I looked in the menu and there it says CTRL+Z for redo (which didn't work) How do I know that it's supposed to be CTRL+Y if it doesn't say so? I don't care what you call it, it's certainly not worth this long debate if it's correct to use CTRL+Y or not. Fact is, the editor has a little glitch, nothing more.

Kitty Hello

Thanks. Now I got it. Duh, never seen this typo before.

MrTAToad

Whilst we're on editor glitches, the CTRL+E has a problem : Its not aligned like the keyboard shortcuts :

[attachment deleted by admin]