GL ES

Previous topic - Next topic

Qedo

Hi all
It is expected to shift to the GL ES 2.0 or higher?
I would like to use the Shader on Android.
Ciao
Qedo

mentalthink

Hi hope the 3D will be more powerfull, in fact I'm learning another things for this cause... GLBasic is awesome but the 3D in my opinion is very Old, perhaps for maintain compatibility with old devices, can be 2 branches of GLbasic, with new 3d and another without 3d or maintaining the old 3d.

I'm not sure but I read about uhro3d can deply for mobile devices and is 3d, I think is OpenSource, in fact I downloaded AtomicEditor (is based in Uhro) but more modern and can do really nice things... or godot is openSource too.

Qedo

I do not like C ++ and so I hope in a 3d update

UBERmonkeybot

It would be really nice but i wouldn't hold your breath.

spacefractal

This require a quite major rewrite. Glbasic is still on good old sld 1. But if im would rewrite, been a well know engine.

Glbasic is wrote in C++ and some bits of Java (Android) and C-obj (iOS).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

Wasen´t it going sdl2 already on v14?
I think one user wrapped some other 3d engine (blitz?) a while ago, it seemed to work fine on win pc, could this help you out?

Schranz0r

It was the MiniBlitz3D right?
I can start a Wrapper for you guys...

EDIT:
OpenB3D :D

EDIT2:

it's CPP-Files and OpenGL :)
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

erico

That is nice, I don´t know much about wrapping, but I guess it would add a set of commands right?
Would it happen to work on mac and linux too, or just win?

Schranz0r

there are only .h and .cpp files.
Should work on all OpenGL plattforms...

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

erico

That could be a nice feat, what help would you need to pull that? Is there anything I can do?
Is it too hard?

I recall one chap even did an implementation of bullet engine (ye physics) once and it was marvelous to see, so my guess is that GLB has the potential to overcome its own limits, it just needs a higher profile person than most people, at least in c++, which I´m a brick.

Schranz0r

I'll give it a try, if i have time.

PC:

erico

All right, let us know how it goes, I can sure test it out. :good:

WPShadow

I will test it too...

Test the devil out of it!  :D
AMD X2 4600, 2 GB Ram, ATI X1950 XTX, XP PRO SP2: GLB Premium 10.beta_dingsi, <(´.´<) Kirby Dance (>`.`)>
http://lostrevenant.blogspot.com
alea iacta est

kanonet

Im late on the Party, but: on mobiles you have to choose whether you want to use GLES1, 2 or 3 on create of your "window", then you are tied to that version. GLBasic creates its surfaces with GLES1, simply because all drawing commands are written on old, depreciated GL. That means you cant use shaders at all.
You would need to close GLBasic's, window and create a new one, with GLES2 enabled. Even if it works, it will have huge side effects, like GLBasic drawing commands wont work at all, some others probably too... So no easy task, as long as the GLBasic core does not get rewritten (which would be a huge pile of work).
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

mentalthink

You have all reason kanonet, but then always we will have to use OpenGLES 1?¿, I understand is a lot of work but pay money for an Upgrade no is too much problem (I don't pay again from GLbasic V7  =D  )
Perhaps do the change now not is too much clever, Vulkan is just in the scene and perhaps in a couple of years all will be Vulkan... I'm not sure but really I think someone or the GLbasic Developers have to upgrade the 3D part of GLbasic.... I think is the only point on GLbasic fails.

For compatibility, is the same we do now, if you want install PalmPre you can choose.