Voip / SIP support ?

Previous topic - Next topic

grafix4d

Hello,
I am trying to find out if it's possible and how to add voip/sip support to GLBasic project.
Is there some external library or any other better way that I can use - please describe if it's possible and how or any helpful links.
Thank you.

kanonet

Voip/SIP support is not part of GLBasic. Since you can implement C++ with the INLINE command, you may be able to use a C++ libary in your GLBasic project. But this would be advanced stuff and only possible if you know C++.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

grafix4d

Thank you kanonet, is there any C++ voip/sip library you (or anybody else) would suggest for using with GLBasic ?
Has anybody else implemented a similar project ?
Thanks !

grafix4d

Please allow one more related question :
Suppose I find a C++ voip library. What I want is to create an Android app to make use of that library.
If I include that library (using GLBasic's INLINE statement) and call all appropriate functions to make use of that voip library, would it play on Android or it will not (since it's written for C++) ?
I mean, do I have to find a VOIP library for Android in order to make an Android app that uses it successfully or a C++ library would also be fine for creating that Android app ?

Would I have to distribute any parts/files of that C++ library together with the Android app (I don't know how) or they would be included in the apk file ?

Thanks !

kanonet

I have never tried implementing voip in a GLBasic app and I think no one else has done it too. That you want to do it on android may be even trickier, because availability of an appropriate c++ library for android may be limited. I honestly dont know if it can be done at all - but if it is possible, then it would be huge work and require high skills and experience. Sorry that I really cant give you better help.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64