Fatal Error

Previous topic - Next topic

dmaz

Hello,
I'm a new user and I've just installed GLBasic on my 64 bit vista machine.  I can't seem to get anything to compile... all I get is the following error.  any help is appreciated, thanks.

Wordcount:3 commands
compiling:

linking:
C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Bin\ld.exe: crtbegin.o: No such file: No such file or directory
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum
Elapsed: 1.6 sec. Time: 22:05
Build: 0 succeeded.
*** 1 FAILED ***

Schranz0r

Update to the new version (v 7.250)
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

dmaz

Through "internet update" under the "web" menu?  I've done that.... is there someplace else to go and get the download because that menu command tells me "Your version is up to date"?

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

dmaz

that's the same file I originally installed... I'll try it again.

dmaz

no difference, same problem...

now when I first installed I did not get the error mentioned for 64bit vista in the faq section, my guess would be that I already had the package installed.  this time though, I did go ahead and install that as well anyway and no difference.

any other ideas?
thanks for the help.

MrTAToad

The only thing I can think of is to check %PATH% and make there is nothing recursive.

The other cause could be the UAC preventing the compiler from accessing the files for some reason.  However, I've had no problems with Vista x64 or Windows 7 x64

Are you compiling for the console?

Kitty Hello

What version does it show now? Are you using a link to an older version? (parallel install?)

Also, do you have mingw installed, maybe?

dmaz

yes I do have ming installed... I'm not at home right now so this will have to wait a few hours but I'll take a look at the path when I get home.  hmmm, I do want to keep that installation operational too though... so glbasic uses the env path when looking for it's ming tools?

Kitty Hello

try renaming the c.\mingw to c:\xxmingw and try again. Just to test. Should be no problem, though.

dmaz

now it breaks on crt2.o...  I did rename c:\mingw and took it out of the path.  but the version is still V.6.837 but "internet update" is telling me the version is up to date?

Wordcount:3 commands
compiling:

linking:
C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Bin\ld.exe: crt2.o: No such file: No such file or directory
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum
Elapsed: 1.3 sec. Time: 18:36
Build: 0 succeeded.
*** 1 FAILED ***

dmaz

got it!  I also have a user env var "mingw" pointing to the c:\mingw.  removing that allowed the build to succeed. 

what about the precompiler version noted above... is that right or wrong?

anybody have any ideas how to keep both installs operational?

[edit] I'm going to try a custom user env for glbasic using a bat...

dmaz

yep, that works fine... I just created a bat file that removes those env var and alters the path and then starts the glbasic editor.  thanks everybody for your help.  the only thing left is the version?

MrTAToad

The pre-compiler version is : "Precompiler V.6.837"