Caligari trueSpace 7.6 is available free of charge!

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzy70

I understood what you meant  :good:

Yes 3d work was hell back then but it was new, now companies have 20+ years of experience and reference material to draw upon whereas in the 80-90's it was a combination of discovering new things & the restrictions of the hardware of the time.

In a lot of ways things have not sped up a great deal, take your £1200 simple machine for example & render a single full HD frame with 1000's of objects & all settings on maximum like in a real movie & I think you will find many hours will pass before it is rendered. On the other side of the coin though the tools available now are more affordable & the creation process like modeling etc is more productive so more time is saved there I think.

I have to agree with you that I playing around with 3D now is a lot nicer than it was 20 years ago  :D

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

erico

yep, today is a bit greater, the interfaces all sucks.
Like we are all assistant typewriters  :P

Hope there is something better on the near future...sculptris did a great job on that front.

EDIT: your pachanguero english is as fine as mine! Better then Portunhol! =D

mentalthink

QuoteEDIT: your pachanguero english is as fine as mine! Better then Portunhol! =D
:D :D =D =D :booze: :booze: