GLBasic V12 (was formerly V11 beta)

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

The slowdowns did only happens on only with iOS6 and with iPad 3 and property on some devices. The slowdowns seen happens for me with ENDPOLY which measure pretty unstable with many polygons (even on samme screen without I moved my mouse). its pretty odd, its can still not meanstreme 60fps even i move map near edge with a lots fewer tiles drawn. Howover I have temp fixed by fixed framerate to 30fps, soon after game iOS release (if the game not got rejected due other bugs).

Which kind of download thing is about? Its was fun to add extra features to the Android version of my game. Example I can highly recommered to use Google License Service than rather use the internal DRM on Google Play. When using DRM, the game is allways installed on internal memory and could not use SDCARD (not good), but when you disable it, the game installed on SDCARD and use the license check instead. When java communication have been fixed (which got broken in this release), then I will put the source code in the code snippts (I can only send to java, but cannot send strings back to PLATFORMINFO$("TEMP")). Sending strings is also no problem, only return is. Think its a quite simple to fix (just give possible to send to a costume platforminfo with a new c++ function).

Howover there is still some activty issues, so I cant create a another activity without glbasic crash or quit (that mean no Dropbox intgration, ads supported version or inapp purchase).

Im really better see fixed activty and java issues fixed first. Its much more important. I can live with the orientation issue. Howover the game does run nicely, so its nowhere major issues =D
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kitty Hello

Quote from: spacefractal on 2012-Oct-02
Just a another really tine issue. When compile to WebOS, "" in pack to should been removed. the reason: If you launch that with "", its open its in IE instead open the bat file, which is very quite annoyring.
You mean
Code (glbasic) Select

Pack with
"C:\Users\gf\Documents\SourceCode\frisch\fun\GLBasic\Compiler\platform\webos\tool\bin\glb_pack_and_install.bat" "C:\Users\gf\Documents\GLBasic\_sup port\distribute\WebOS\_support"

?
You need the quotes in your cmd.exe prompt if the bat was installed in a directory with spaces. Maybe a "call" in the beginning would be good.

spacefractal

Yep, but there is nothing you can due. If you invoke that in Explorer, its open Internet Explorer instead with a error, which dosent give any mean. Its annoying as hell. Actuelly its more a Windows bug really, but its still annoying. I guess you should only instead them if space have been found.

when using cmd console its of course works nice, but often I just copy & paste the url into explorer. So as I say: None priotity thing at all. There is other thing there is more important  =D
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrTAToad

Coo!  This is an old problem, and I'm surprised your batch file wasn't updated :)

This is what I used to use :

Code (glbasic) Select
CALL "%GLB_MAIN_PATH%\compiler\platform\webos\tool\bin\glb_pack_and_install.bat" "%GLB_PROJ_PATH%\distribute\WebOS\%GLB_PROJ_NAME%"

spacefractal

also why dosent it not start automatic (just like various android stuff). As I wrote in code snippet, I got workaround the java issue, so its would been easy to been fixed.

MrTAToad

Has the actual batch file itself changed ?

bigsofty

Small problem with INLINE, copying and pasting blocks within an INLINE'ed section, the GLBasic auto capitalisation kicks in for a sec, so "return" gets change into "RETURN" for example. It's also not undo-able (CTRL+Z).
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

Yes, Gernot did say the IDE could get confused :)

Hemlos

Couple q's for v11 beta:

Does v11 overwrite v10?? Just wondering if i need to install it on a new OS or not.

Because im worried i will need to blindly revamp all my libs and projects, Ive been shy about doing this install.
That being said raises a new Q; are there many changes to command names, and thier params?

Where can i find a log of the the changes done in v11?

Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

spacefractal

It's depend of projekt. In greedy mouse I was required to rename one type variable, because that name now was reserved, but elsewise it's compiled fine.

Howover you might need to create a new xCode project for iOS and setup that again. The project from v10 might won't work.

MrTAToad

By default it installs into the GLBasic directory - you can change it though...

I dont see any changes to command names or parameters - there may be extra ones, but of course that wouldn't affect older programs.

Current log (terms and conditions apply, subject to change at short notice etc etc :) ) :

Code (glbasic) Select
// 11.171-beta
// Editor:
//    Context menu offers "Google" option.
//    Option to disable splash screen implemented.
//    TYPEs are listed in jump-bar.
//    Context menu of tabs improved.
//    Click mouse wheel on a tab to close it.
//
// Samples:
//    _projects_\nativegui added. A win32 and GTK wrapper based native GUI
//        with an dialog editor.
//
// New Command:
//    IIF(expression, on_true, on_false)
//    X_OBJADDVERTEX_NORMAL - call before X_OBJADDVERTEX to user define the normals.
//                            Set X_AUTONORMALS to 0 beforehand.
//
// Compiler:
//    ?ELSEIF implemented.
//    Output of GPCxxxx error numbers for searching in the forums.
//    Nested ?IFDEF did not work sometimes.
//
// Core:
//    SAVESPRITE - png does not include palette information (smaller files)
//    ASR() always returns a positive number (treat input as unsigned int32)
//    If CREATESCREEN fails, GETSPRITESIZE will return 0,0.
//    LIMITFPS has optional vsync parameter (not all platforms supported).
//    Faster handling of constant strings.
//    ALLOWESCAPE didn't work on console apps (NETWEBEND always ended)
//    New data type: int64. Demo: LOCAL i64 AS int64; i64 = ...
//        FILESEEK and GETFILESIZE work with int64 now.
//    RETURN a=b // code was converted to "return a=b" instead of "a==b".
//
// Mac, Linux:
//    AUTOPAUSE FALSE was ignored.
//
// Win32, WinCE:
//    KILLFILE can also remove empty directories.
//
// Android:
//    PLATFORMINFO$("DOCUMENTS") returns external SD card directory
//    PLATFORMINFO$("APPDATA")   returns internal storage (same as before)
//       if you need the old documents, use PLATFORMINFO$("APPDATA")+"/.."
//    PLATFORMINFO$("LANG") now returns java.util.Locale.getDefault().getLanguage()
//       instead of getDisplayCountry()
//
//    Better compiler optimization flags for faster results.
//    Support for pause/resume.
//    Copying of initial Media directory indicated with idle animation.
//    Rotating the screen with manifest.xml:
//        <activity android:screenOrientation="unspecified"
//                  android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation"
//        works now. GETSCREENSIZE and GETDESKTOPSIZE will be changed.
//
// iPhone:
//    Retina of "new iPad" supported. If you pick 1024x768 or 768x1024 you get the
//        compatible iPad1/2 mode.
//    PLATFORMINFO$("ID") returns unique string w/o depending on hardware.
//        (uses file in PLATFORMINFO$("APPDATA")+"/glbasic.deviceid")
//    iphone.xcl file was ignored.
//
// 3D:
//    X_PRINT has optional kerning parameter.
//    X_PRINT faster on mobiles.
//    X_LOADOBJ "",n% didn't free the memory (for X_GENOBJ).

Darmakwolf

Is HTML5 supposed to at least be slightly working? When I compile (like others) I get this:

*** Configuration: HTML5 ***
precompiling:
GPC - GLBasic Precompiler V.10.070 SN:16bfd89b - 3D, NET
Wordcount:423 commands
compile+link:
python.exe "Q:/Compiler/platform/JavaScript/bin/\emscripten\emcc" -O1 --llvm-lto 0 --typed-arrays 2 -IQ:\Compiler\platform\Include "-IC:\Users\windows 7 home prem4\World of Blobo" -DEMSCRIPTEN -DNDEBUG -DWANT_SDL -DHAVE_OPENGL C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_tempg.cpp C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp0.cpp Q:\Compiler\platform\JavaScript\bin\libGLBasicWebGL.o -o C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\output.html -DHTML5=1
exit
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum
Elapsed: 2.2 sec. Time: 17:01
Build: 0 succeeded.
*** 1 FAILED ***

MrTAToad

Not, it's not working properly yet

spacefractal

Apple approvede my game (that talk about in my own thread), but i confirm the game run correctly on iPad 3 in 60fps for iOS5, but fall to around 45fps for iOS6 (and a bit worse with colored polygons as seen on iPad 1). The funny part is as I wrote ms taken for ENDPOLY is quite unstable and yes it's could been uvview issue.

But I just uploaded a tempfix to use 30fps for all iPads. So no hurry.

spacefractal

CLEARSCREEN can still not support alpha. Its really annoying to trying clearscreen a offbuffer with 100% clean with alpha.

if Im doing this:
SETTRANSPARENCY RGB(0,0,0)
CLEARSCREEN RGB(0,0,0)

The screen is still filled with black, but its should have been fully transparency. I do hope Gernot add a "CLEARSCREEN RGB(RED, GREEN, BLUE), ALPHA" as a option (since I seen there is a opengl feature for that, so its should been a easy fix).

So this is property why some people have trouble to get ALPHA correctly work.