Zomb'd - simple survival horror game.

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Gonna give it a go now shortly!!
Wish me luck! HIGH SCORE TIME!

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Moru

Zombies are too smart, they don't collide together and form piles of zombies like that other game. :-)
Also, the zombies when surrounding you left, up and right, still don't grab you if you take a step down so you get a slow walk down until the inevitable end of the screen.
I would love some keyboard controls, wrists try to stay away from mouse as much as possible. Also, to walk around you have to look at the player all the time. If you can walk with keyboard you can instead keep your attention on the zombies.
Any chance of a teleporter? :-)

Very nice game for such a short devtime!

erico

Quote from: Moru on 2014-May-21

uat!? stick to the classics...any chance of digging a hole they can´t pass by? ;)
If I teleport into a spawning zombie I just as well jump of a bridge! :D

spacefractal

if you could change it to only uses left button. etc touch on a zombie to shoot (need to been in line of course) and one tile from you to move to that point, then the game would been quite touchscreen friendly.

A possible to set the player start of the game would been nice, and a zombie might should not spawn right on a feet, which can been unfair. alternative some zombies could been slow, other faster to move.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

matchy

Quote from: erico on 2014-May-21
Quote from: Moru on 2014-May-21

uat!? stick to the classics...any chance of digging a hole they can´t pass by? ;)
If I teleport into a spawning zombie I just as well jump of a bridge! :D
::)
Teleporting allows the selection of the destination unlike hyperspace (ie. asteroids) to a random "safe" area. So perhaps the later would be more interesting and is a cool idea but the issue, based on entry but not restricted, is that is would add futuristic science fiction to the zombie theme.

spacefractal

Or just a "super bomb" weapon til kill all nearby where clicked as a new weapon to pick up.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

matchy

I think Worms inventory has a nice collection of ideas. Can you do better than a sheep bomb?  :D

Ian Price

I love the Sheep bomb in Worms, however the zombies ate all the sheep (then the normal people) ;) :P

As you say matchy, a teleporter just wouldn't fit in properly to this game.
I came. I saw. I played.

kanonet

136/95 but I dont like unfair games, I mean I accept when Im not good enough, to dumb, to slow or anything, but when I do everything right and suddenly a zombi spawns directly on my - thats simply not fair (since I cant do anything to avoid it) and it destroys the fun.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Ian Price

Yeah, there are issues. And the spawning on the player was something I tried to avoid (It does have a player position check in zombie spawning, but obviously something's amiss), but it does happen occasionally. :(
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

Quote from: kanonet on 2014-May-21
... thats simply not fair (since I cant do anything to avoid it)...

I tried to figure if there was a location they don´t tend to spawn to camp around (ye be surrounded by ammos).
But ultimately, keep you mind and spirit as one and they don´t spawn over you. ;/

MrPlow

V addictive...my top score was 157 zombies (see screen below)

:)

Some items... occasionally the zombie will generate right over your player (instant death) ... not good if you've got a high score going...

Hover over items to tell what they are..initially i though some were power ups and some items were ammo...

Still GREAT for 2hrs work (or even 2 days work!)

[Damn, Erico has the high score  :'( ]
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

erico

Forgot to mention, the music is really great and fits perfectly.