Does the trial version lose certain features after a couple of weeks?

Previous topic - Next topic

Yodaman Jer

Hi guys,

I've been using the trial version for a couple of weeks, and within the last week or so all of the text/font commands don't work like they used to. I can't load external fonts or even my sprites. All of the media is located in the appropriately named "Media" folder, and yet nothing works. Do these features disappear after a couple of weeks?

No hard feelings if they do. :P I definitely want to purchase GLB. :) I'm just trying to make sure I haven't broken anything on my system...I am running this on my laptop, but I plan on purchasing an iMac soon which I'll run Windows 7 alongside of for game development. :)

Also, while I'm at it, what version of OpenGL does GLB support?

EDIT: Oh gaaaawd, I feel so stupid. :P

I've been using the wrong slash symbol. I've been so used to using the forward slash (\) with DarkBASIC for the last three years that my fingers just automatically type that one in instead of the backwards slash. Sorry for polluting the forums, Gernot...:P
Click the pic to go to my development blog!

Ian Price

The trial version of GLB never used to reduce features over time - I don't think Gernot has changed anything. I've never heard anyone complaining about similar problems either. Are you 100% sure the paths are correct?
I came. I saw. I played.

Yodaman Jer

Quote from: Ian Price on 2011-Oct-14
The trial version of GLB never used to reduce features over time - I don't think Gernot has changed anything. I've never heard anyone complaining about similar problems either. Are you 100% sure the paths are correct?

Yup, the paths were correct, the problem was that I was using the wrong slash symbol. :P

Once I changed them from "\" to "/", everything loaded fine. :) I just got so used to coding in DBPro that it's hard to adapt to a new language's syntax, especially when everything is really, really similar!  :D

Ian Price

Job's a good'un then. Problem solved. That's what I like to hear - user error not bug! =D
I came. I saw. I played.

Yodaman Jer

Job's a good'un then. Problem solved. That's what I like to hear - user error not bug! =D

Same here! :D Unfortunately user errors are pretty common with me. :P

By any chance do you know what version of OpenGL GLB supports? I thought I read 1.1 somewhere, but that sounds...old. Of course, I have no idea what version OGL is at currently....

Ian Price

GLB did/does indeed support an old version of OGL, however Gernot did state that he will be updating it to use the newer version. There were a couple of issues (that I can't recall now - one was something to do with licensing IIRC), but I've not seen anything that stated that GLB now uses the newer version of OGL.
I came. I saw. I played.

Yodaman Jer

GLB did/does indeed support an old version of OGL, however Gernot did state that he will be updating it to use the newer version. There were a couple of issues (that I can't recall now - one was something to do with licensing IIRC), but I've not seen anything that stated that GLB now uses the newer version of OGL.

Any idea when it might support newer versions?

Gernot, this is your cue... :D

Kitty Hello

I can fall back to 1.1 for almost everything. For new features like cell shading and bump mapping I use 1.5 and for shaders it's 2.x. On a desktop it's easy to mix it all.