News:

*NEW* Current Version on STEAM16.793

Webchat:
Visit the chat

Remake

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

Innovative? Seriously? They are OK (not good) games, but they are far from not innovative. Every BigFish game is a copy and refinement of every other game. They have the resources to employ artists to create their media, hence they look professional. But don't ever call them innovative.

Why should I search on their site? You pointed out three examples of games, each of which I have played and played very similar games before. I've also played many others of theirs - my personal fave being Unwell Mel. BigFish games also suck balls due to their "Game Manager" - what a shit sytem that is.

If you want a good puzzle game, then look at the likes of Guru Logic Champs, PipeMania or Picross 3D to name just 3. Match 3 aren't true "puzzle" games, although that's their genre. There's no real puzzle there. They are about maneuvering and matching colours at speed. Puzzles are about and require logic. Logic is not required for Match3 games. Some forward thinking maybe, but not logic.

Anyway...
I came. I saw. I played.

SnooPI

You're exaggerating a bit!  ;)

ok many bigfish game  is a copy and refinement of every other game but for some years they seek to innovate. (i repeat 4 ELEMENTS II is very original.. yes it's the 2, not the 1, that I played on my pc, I was wrong on that.)

they are different category : match 3, puzzle, brain, strategy, .... with many games very original.

but I think we will not agree on this  ;)

Ian Price

Where are my exaggerations?

I'm glad you agree that MAtch 3 and puzzle games are different. Can you explain then why you presented at least 2 Match 3 games as puzzle games? ;) :P

What exactly are you wanting us to actually agree on? And why should we agree? The world would be a boring place if everyone agreed with each other. :D
I came. I saw. I played.

SnooPI

I dream or not?  He talks to me like a moron?  :D

I presented match 3 games because I love match 3... ok?   :nana:   :D

;)

if you want to fight Ian, I'm your man ....
after the fight >>> :help: Ian Price  :help:   :D

Ian Price

WTF?

I think this has gone waaaaaaaay off topic now.
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

For sure! If there are no ladies in bikini fighting in the gel it way off topic! :P

SnooPI

Quote from: Ian Price on 2014-Apr-26
WTF?

I think this has gone waaaaaaaay off topic now.

no problemo Ian.
it's a joke.
I think it's a problem of language.

In France, these are expressions that we say between friends "You talk to me like a moron!..?" or "If you want to fight, I'm your man" .. both are ironic ... there is no aggression : after the friends start laughing  ;)

Quote from: erico on 2014-Apr-26
For sure! If there are no ladies in bikini fighting in the gel it way off topic! :P

:D :D
apparently we have the same phantasms erico  ;)

Ian Price

No problemo.

Now, about that remake...
I came. I saw. I played.

SnooPI

lol yes the remake...

As I said above:

Quote from: Snoopy on 2014-Apr-25
That is why I wanted to try to do something in 2D (and also because it's more easy to translate after in HTML5  ;))
I thought at this game or at a game like "Dungeon Master". A cult game with a false 3D (yes, 3D again   :))

I hesitate ... Dungeon is more hard to program but it motivates me more.

I hesitate.... but I think I'll make a game like "Dungeon Master". Good idea or not?

Ian Price

Dungeon Master was a classic on the Atari ST all those years ago, although it hasn't really aged too well.

I purchased a game called Legend of Grimrock a while back, which kind of sets the bar for 3D in 2D type dungeon crawlers nowadays. Despite it's more modern appeal it didn't press my buttons like Dungeon Master did BITD.

Something like this should be pretty easy for GLB to do I would think.
I came. I saw. I played.

SnooPI

Dungeon Master was a classic on the Atari ST all those years ago, although it hasn't really aged too well.

I purchased a game called Legend of Grimrock a while back, which kind of sets the bar for 3D in 2D type dungeon crawlers nowadays. Despite it's more modern appeal it didn't press my buttons like Dungeon Master did BITD.

Yes Legend of Grimrock seems to be a very good remake for pc. I've never played with it.

Something like this should be pretty easy for GLB to do I would think.

uh ... don't be angry Ian but I do not agree with you (yes again  =D)  it depends on...  the quality   =D

SnooPI

Particularly the game core.
It's very important in this type of game.

Personally I think a game like Point Blank or Gunfighter is easier.

SnooPI

wow! awesome:

I confirm: it's not at all easy to program  :D     :'(

erico

On a ´chip in´ style, even with no girls in bikini neither gel...

Why don´t you take a look at HIRED GUNS for the amiga?
It could well fit in into what you want, also, it presents a break into the dungeon & dragons world/scene and introduces mercenaries, tech, robots and so on, really syndicate stuff.

What does it presents other then such? a split 4 screen, 4 players game and at the time with modified genesis pads to use all buttons.
It was the first 3d multiplayer experience I had (after bloodwich, which had 2 players split screen).
The game, played with 4 guys, felt that it was really designed for that. One player carry all guys was possible, but no AI or orders made it really troublesome to go.
The world was actually 3d, (Y level) featuring high towers, underground sewers, underwater levels(argh!), billions of weapons and specific ammos, psy modules,sentry guns etc,etc.

Check it out, see if that fits your bill.

It is best you install the game on the amiga HD or amulator with a proper workbench system, make sure you have lots of extra memory as it has an extra disk full of stuff just for that case. (which was...on my beloved amiga 4000).

I have plans on remaking a similar 4 player split screen experience, but more blade runner or alien II movie style, I´m particularly found of the Y world, gravity and so on.
I just love this game, really rich experience and for me it shows what best there is in this style. Came in a marvelous box with a huge poster map, 4 books depicting everything and so much more, it was worth every cent, gotta love psygnosis for that...

edit:can´t make youtube show up :(...don´t worry about all that disk stuff, install it and it is instantaneously experience. Best music ever too!
edit2: ha! gotta take the S off HTTP to work  :S

SnooPI

Quote from: erico on 2014-Apr-26
On a ´chip in´ style, even with no girls in bikini neither gel...

:D :D
you are really funny erico  ;)

your idea is very good  :) but..... i'm not sure that is good for a game on a mobile device (or on a browser with HTML5)

but I remember this idea  :good:

This is reminding me of another game : Space Hulk