GL Basic Opens but doesnt show on Screen

Previous topic - Next topic

xxbastianxx

Hi guys,

allways when i open GL Basic on my desktop PC (win7 x64) it disappears next to my screen --> it goes to the right out of the screen...

can somebody help ?

Sorry, I dont know if this thread is in the right place  ...

Regards Seb

mentalthink

Perhaps something whit Admin privileges... I think you have to execute GLbasic like Admin...

MrTAToad

Might be worth uninstalling and then reinstalling...

spacefractal

I have seen this issue on some applications, which dosent check windows position very well. You property have a dual screen setup, like me?

If yes, you might need to swap to other side in the resoulution setup, move the window to the first screen and then move the second screen area back again. The issue have been seen when window position have been saved.

Alternaitve after a simple google search came up with this, which could fix that:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproui/thread/f3040564-0457-4c91-af71-dce1bc673a99
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

bigsofty

It agree, if its on the taskbar then it may be being displayed on another monitor, even if one is not plugged in?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Moru

Sounds like dual-screen setup problems yes  :)

If it's on the task-bar, right-click the application, select "move" and press an arrow-key (any one does the trick). Now you can use the mouse to move the window back as long as you don't click anywhere. When this is done, the app will remember the place for next time as long as you exit properly, no crash or kill application.

When GLBasic starts up, it opens up with a window asking for creating or loading a project. This one is modal so you need to press ESC to close the window before you can move the application to the right screen.

xxbastianxx