Hello on Wiz

Previous topic - Next topic

xbee

Hi,

I've just tried to run a small app on my Wiz: PRINT, LOADSOUND, PLAYSOUND... nothing special.
The program starts with a black screen then puts me back to the Wiz menu without doing anything useful.
Then I tried a simply "Hello" app, but it does the same.

I haven't got any idea what could be the problem.

B.

// --------------------------------- //
// Project: hello
// Start: Saturday, April 09, 2011
// IDE Version: 9.040

SETSCREEN 320,240,FALSE
SYSTEMPOINTER TRUE

PRINT "HELLO", 10,10, 1
SHOWSCREEN
KEYWAIT

END

Ian Price

SHOWSCREEN on Wiz isn't likely to throw you out (after all I used it all the time on Wiz and GP2X etc. before it was mentioned that it shouldn't be used (however, this was long ago and revisions to GLB may have changed the running of code on the GPH machines)).

Maybe the SYSTEMPOINTER command is killing the app, but I suspect that isn't the cause of your problem.

Are you sure you're compiling for the Wiz and not GP2X? While both machines are similar, they do not share the same executable files. Are you also sure that your file is in the right place on your SD card? Make sure it's in the "game" folder. Is your .ini file pointing to the right path for the executable?
I came. I saw. I played.

xbee

Thanks for the help Everyone.

This isn't my first app with GLBasic, that is why I don't understand what is happening.
Folder is OK on on my Wiz, and of course I compile the source as a Wiz target. (I have a GP2X F100 too ;) )
After removing SYSTEMPOINTER and SETSCREEN commands the program does the same as before :(

AFAIR I haven't tried GLbasic 9 on Wiz so far. Older versions worked fine even with SETSCREEN and SYSTEMPOINTER.

(As GLBasic is a multiplatform language I expect that the compiler skips unsupported commands on certain platforms.
So commenting and uncommenting commands for the sake of different platforms wouldn't be very comfortable.)

I'll try to recompile an older app to see how things change.

Thanks again.
B.

MrTAToad

Shouldn't you make sure the Full Screen option is ticked/set to TRUE ?

The compiler wont ignore unsupported commands (there are only 2, I think, anyway)...

Ian Price

I compiled something on Wiz a week or two ago and it worked fine. I'll have a look tomorrow unless you discover and report the reason why the app is failing.
I came. I saw. I played.

xbee

Source created with version 7.336 compiles fine without errors, but doesn't work on Wiz :(
Symptoms are the same: after starting the program the screen is black, then after a couple of seconds the app quits and the Wiz main menu appears.

MrTAToad

Try it with a new project - I have seen problems caused by using projects before V8

xbee

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2011-Apr-09
Try it with a new project - I have seen problems caused by using projects before V8

The "hello" project a new one, created with the latest version.

Ian Price

I can confirm that Wiz compiling does indeed appear to be borked - I get the same issue. :(

Thinking about it, my test recently might have been on my GP2X. I can't remember now though, as I don't use any of them much nowadays.
I came. I saw. I played.

xbee

Thanks Ian. Then I won't play with fresh windows/glbasic installation on a virtual machine. :)

...yes, compilig to GP2X F100 works fine.