Chiptone

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Nice little FX generator and if the author continues, it should a great all round sound FX / Music creation tool!

http://sfbgames.com/chiptone/

BTW, needs flash.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

mentalthink

Nice!!! remind me a lot of Dr:Pepper we have in the form some time ago, basically for the fx for games jum, player ETC.

The good point it's have sequencer, but I don't make run succesfully...

Bookmarked  :booze:

Thanks for sharing.

bigsofty

NP, Mentalthink.

I can't get enough of these little FX utils, there sooo handy when trying to put together a retro game.  =D

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

mentalthink

But not only for retro games, for scores and extra-life some sounds always looks nice!!!

erico

Nice find! A bit too complex for me though. :-[

nabz32

Nice find,
reminds me of BFXR.
Nice sounds, but nothing that really stands out.

erico

Hey Nabz32, try this one too:
http://labbed.net/software.php?id=labchirp

I prefer it as an ´updated´ BFXR  ;)
I did post about it but got lost by the forum crash.

MrTAToad

Pretty good!

bigsofty

LabChirp can produce some levels sounds.

Chiptune may come into its own when the basic sequencer is added though.

Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

yep, I was wondering about that tracker part, it would also be a nice full solution for mobile.
Just tested, heck, it requires flash. :(

matchy

Nice. First I had to install the Adobe Flash Player and restart Firefox and I could only access the Synth and Sampler but not the Vocoder and Sequencer.  :doubt:  The random presets are cool but it does seem too complex for it's needs, at least for games rather than a musician as there would be instrumental presets, and so a library of fixed preset would suit. It would be possible to play an actually melody or rhythm for an event, eg. pick up item. I suppose it would also be handy to get the sfxr data rather than the wav file export as to create the sound file in runtime. Ultimately, it's the sample and song data that only needed.  8) My experimental sfxr sequencer and tracker was something that I would like to redo to a simpler form, sort of like the Teenage Engineering Pocket Operators;)

erico

That pocket operator, I´d really like to get the 3 of them. :)

Hemlos

Matchy that site isnt finished, he said he was still working on it.

Cool tool either way, and we can use those samples to create more elaborate sound sequences in glbasic using these wav samples.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

matchy

In the case of standalone executable Helmos, sprites and wavs are initially produced runtime, so I prefer the sound data. That is point of using sfxr library in conjunction with other sfxr utilities.  ;)

Hemlos

I thought this saves files
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O