German translation - any volunteers?

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

A bit more translation required, if you don't mind -

"How to play"

"Select, then slide the blocks so that they all rest on a pad of the same colour. Moving blocks only stop when they collide with another block or a wall."

:)
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

"How to Play" = "Spielanleitung"
"sel, then sl.." =
Markiere und verrutsche einen Block, so dass er auf einem gleichfarbigen Feld liegen bleibt.

"movng blks stop" =
Ein rutschender Block kommt erst zum Stehen, wenn er auf einen anderen Block oder eine Mauer trifft.

Ian Price

Thanks Gernot :)

[EDIT] Silly question, but there appears to be some uppercase characters in the text - is that right?
I came. I saw. I played.

Kosta

Quote from: ipriceThanks Gernot :)

[EDIT] Silly question, but there appears to be some uppercase characters in the text - is that right?
Hi...

in german all nouns are written uppercase (also names and so one..)

Quote from: GernotFrisch"sel, then sl.." =
Markiere und verrutsche einen Block, so dass er auf einem gleichfarbigen Feld liegen bleibt.

"movng blks stop" =
Ein rutschender Block kommt erst zum Stehen, wenn er auf einen anderen Block oder eine Mauer trifft.
hmm... i suggest this ones...
--> (sel...)
Markiere und schiebe (or "verrutsche") einen Block, so dass er auf ein gleichfarbiges Feld liegen bleibt.

-->(movn..)
Rutschende Blöcke (or "Sich bewegende Blöcke") kommen erst zum Stehen, wenn sie auf ein anderen Block oder eine Mauer treffen.
Intel QuadCore, Geforce8600GT,512MB,4GB Ram, 26" TFT
HP nw8440 Schläppy
GP2X Mk2 (Firmware 3.0)

GLBASIC Blog:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?blog=51.0

Kitty Hello

schiebe = push/shove/slide
verrutsche = shift/slip (I prefer this, "schiebe" sounds quite sterile)

"Sich bewegende Blöcke" is definitely bad. Maybe "Bewegende Blöcke", but it sounds too much like a school book to me. Ar blocks moving or sliding? Moving = Bewegende, Sliding = Rutschende.

Ian Price

Ask and ye shall receive... :P

The blocks are definitely sliding (in fact I call them "sliders).

So... which translation should I go for? (I knew I should have taken German instead of French!)

Maybe this screenshot will throw a little light on the action :)

In-game, the image is animated and shows exactly how to play.

BTW Theses are early WIP images.
I came. I saw. I played.

Polarwolf

in the text... change "verrutsche" to "verschiebe".
And "Mauer" not "mauer".

Sliders... hmm keep that name.

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

Polarwolf

Kitty Hello

Awesome. You might be the first one with native English who translates a game to German, plus asking for a correct translation.

Ian Price

Well, I couldn't have done it without all your help. So big thanks to everyone that has helped so far :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Ian Price

Here are a few more (nearly there!) :)

Change puzzle

Play previous puzzle?
Play next puzzle?
Restart puzzle?

Any progress will be lost.

Cancel
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Change Puzzle = Puzzle ändern (change like "alter", modify?)

Play prev. = Vorheriges Puzzle spielen
NExt = Nächstes Puzzle spielen
Restart = Puzzle neu starten

Any progress = Jeglicher Spielfortschritt geht verloren (this one is hard to translate - what is it in detail?)

Cancel = Abbrechen

Ian Price

"Change puzzle" refers to selecting a completely new puzzle - either the one prior to the current one, or the one after. Does that make sense?

The "Any progress" text means basically that all moves that you have taken, all the work you have done so far, will be lost if you decide to go to another puzzle/restart the current puzzle. You will have to start afresh if you return to this puzzle. The data will not be saved.

This recent WIP image might make a bit more sense. Maybe...

Thanks again for the assistance, BTW :)

[EDIT] Looking at that image, I might just change the GUI title to something a bit less vague than "Change puzzle". It's still WIP after all. :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Change =  "Puzzle wechseln"
Any progress = "Ausgeführte Züge verfallen"