BulletPhysics for GLBasic... first preview! :)

Previous topic - Next topic

Slydog

Do you use 'LIMITFPS' in your demo?
If not, then either BulletPhysics isn't deterministic, or it handles the timing by itself (by skipping frames when needed?).
But keep in mind, I have no experience (or little) with physics libraries, so I may have misunderstood while learning!
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

backslider

no, I don't use limitfps, you step the world each frame with your own timer... You will see in the code ;)

kanonet

The Bullet Engine is an EntitySystem so in my opinion its a really bad idea to use the EntitySystem+Bullet, its just not necessary and a waste of cpu power. Why you want to calculate everything two times?

just make something like that:
Code (glbasic) Select
X_MOVEMENT btGetRigidBodyPosX(self.bt),btGetRigidBodyPosY(self.bt),btGetRigidBodyPosZ(self.bt)
X_ROTATION btGetRigidBodyRoll(self.bt), 1,0,0
X_ROTATION btGetRigidBodyYaw(self.bt), 0,1,0
X_ROTATION btGetRigidBodyPitch(self.bt), 0,0,1
X_SETTEXTURE tex, tex2
X_DRAWOBJ ddd, 0

That is what this get functions are for. ;)
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Nathan

Quote from: backslider on 2012-Mar-01
At the moment putting the ES and Bullet together isn't a good idea, because Bullet isn't multiplatform, yet. ;)
Which platforms does this currently work with, I'm guessing Win (obviously) and being the physics library file has an ".a" extension then iOS maybe as well?

backslider

At the moment the lib is win only but Bullet is Cross platform so it will work on iOS and Linux and all other OSs...
But I have to test it. :)

Please be patient. :)

cheers

Schranz0r

if you use the source u dont need any lib :)
Like Gernot did in Box2D!

Maybe its possible?!
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard