Google Wallet Trouble

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

My Google Wallet account silently got put on hold. I can't sell Apps on Google Play since.

Google wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your continuing cooperation in our verification process. Unfortunately, we are still unable to verify some of the information you provided.

In order to continue the process, please send us a clear copy of a driver's license or a passport information page of "Gernot Frisch ".

Be assured that Google is committed to preserving the security of your information and will not share your details with anyone except under the very limited circumstances described in our Privacy Policy.

You can find our privacy policy at https://checkout.google.com/files/privacy.html.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to respond to this message.

Sincerely,

The Google Wallet Team

I replied:
Hello,

the google wallet account agreement I signed when I started selling apps on Google Play Store did not require me to upload a passport image. I consider this information that is not required in order to get my account off hold. Can you please tell me any alternatives and the details why my account was put on hold, please?

With kind regards,
-Gernot Frisch

Them:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. The email you received was legitimate and relates to Google's obligations under UK and European law.

We appreciate your concern about security; please be assured that the security of your information is our top priority. We will not share your details except under the extremely limited circumstances set out in our privacy policy.

For more information regarding our Privacy Policy, please see https://checkout.google.com/files/privacy.html.

Should you have any feedback, queries, or concerns, please don't hesitate to reply to this email.

Warmest Regards,

Me:
Hello,

my questions were:
-Why did you put my account on hold?
-What can I do to get it back, since you will not get a copy of my passport or drivers licence?

I'm looking forward to your answers.

Best regards,
-Gernot Frisch

Them:
Hello,

Thanks for your email.

Please note that Google wallet randomly checks the merchant details in order to provide secure shopping environment. Whenever merchants make use of certain Google Wallet features, Google Payment Corp. is required by financial regulations to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who uses this service.

Kindly note that unless we receive the requested documents we will not be able to reinstate the account.

So, what now?
I started selling G.A.C.K. on Amazon now and consider the Samsung store, too.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

spicypixel

What's the problem with providing the required verification information? As stated it's a legal obligation now and there's no reason to not do it surely???
http://www.spicypixel.net | http://www.facebook.com/SpicyPixel.NET

Comps Owned - ZX.81, ZX.48K, ZX.128K+2, Vic20, C64, Atari-ST, A500.600.1200, PC, Apple Mini-Mac.

Ian Price

I could understand the request if it was a new account, but if it's one he's been using for some time, then it's odd to now suddenly need that information. The "random checking of details" may be real, but why weren't your details checked on opening the account?

QuoteCredit or debit card number and card expiration date, bank account number and expiration date, address, date of birth, social security number or taxpayer identification number (or some other government-issued identification number), and for sellers or businesses specifically, your business category and certain information about your sales or transaction volume.  In some cases, we may also ask you to send us additional information or to answer additional questions to help verify your information.
Have they got all the other information? Is that not enough? I agree that passport and driving license information on top seems excessive.

Is this definitely from Google?
I came. I saw. I played.

bigsofty

I'd phone them. It's situations like this that can be easily sorted out with a telephone call rather than online. Also, it's quite feasible that you don't have a drivers license or a passport, ask them what would you send them if this was the case?

Definitely verify that this is not a phishing attempt too of course.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Moru

I had a fun encounter with Paypal last year. Me, my wife and a few friends ordered some bows from England and payed with paypal since that was the only thing they accepted. The company directly got an OK from paypal that they got the money but luckily (for them) they were still not at work yet since it was some big weekend around new-year. When they got back they had another notice from paypal that they had removed the funds and it was pulled back by me and was under investigation. I had done no such thing.

Two months later I got the money back again except 10 pound. If it would not have been a weekend I would have gotten both the product and the money back from paypal. If I was selling something on the net I would never dare to use paypal. Just a warning for you guys...

Apparently I got stuck in some sort of auto-warning system that paypal uses. If you spend more money at once than you usually do through paypal, you get flagged as suspicious and the money is automatically held. I have paid a couple of things over paypal like Humble Bundle and such, this was four bows and arrows for a lot more than usual.

I ended up using the normal bank transfer and even got away cheaper than paypal in the end...

As we all know, Germans are very allergic to giving out their ID and I do understand them with their history.

MrTAToad

Quote from: Ian Price on 2014-Sep-06
I could understand the request if it was a new account, but if it's one he's been using for some time, then it's odd to now suddenly need that information. The "random checking of details" may be real, but why weren't your details checked on opening the account?

QuoteCredit or debit card number and card expiration date, bank account number and expiration date, address, date of birth, social security number or taxpayer identification number (or some other government-issued identification number), and for sellers or businesses specifically, your business category and certain information about your sales or transaction volume.  In some cases, we may also ask you to send us additional information or to answer additional questions to help verify your information.
Have they got all the other information? Is that not enough? I agree that passport and driving license information on top seems excessive.

Is this definitely from Google?
Oh yes its from Google...  I presume they have upped their security and need to comply with EU law - unfortunately it is the norm now; needed to do the same when I closed down one of my online gaming accounts (and that was dealing with a French firm).

MrTAToad

Quote from: bigsofty on 2014-Sep-06
I'd phone them. It's situations like this that can be easily sorted out with a telephone call rather than online. Also, it's quite feasible that you don't have a drivers license or a passport, ask them what would you send them if this was the case?

Definitely verify that this is not a phishing attempt too of course.
Would need to work out the time difference :)

MrPlow

Looks similar to what I get from Paypal for my business account.

Paypal has an obligation to verify identities after 2,500 has been earned / received in the account for the period of 1 calendar year.

Google wallet might be observing similar legal obligations to identify money-laundering / anti fraud etc...
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs