Incredibuild skipping changed files during compilation

Previous topic - Next topic

r0ber7

Hi,

This has been bugging me a while so I thought I'd ask around. My problem:

The code for my game is divided over many seperate files. When I compile after changing code in one file, sometimes the Incredibuild thing skips that file, thinking it hasn't changed. The workaround I've been using for a while is to stop compilation, select debug mode, then unselect debug mode. That way all of the files get compiled and none get skipped. This works for me, but I'm getting to the point where I have a LOT of lines of code. So I'd really like to use the Incredibuild function. Sometimes, usually with relatively new files, Incredibuild doesn't skip them when changed. I'm not sure what's the cause of this. Using the cleaning option doesn't do anything. I store my files on a USB flash drive, perhaps that's the problem. Or it could be that sometimes the date and time of my laptop gets reset. (My laptop's battery is dead, so it needs a power cable to function. Sometimes I pull the power cable out, and when I plug it back in, the internal clock has been reset.)

Any help would be really appreciated, because the total compile time for my game has become quite long, which makes it very frustrating to test a change in a single line of code in one file.

Kitty Hello

Are you on the latest update? This should have been fixed.

r0ber7

Oh man... I thought I had automatic updates on. Was running 10.118, now the latest build. Can't believe a few mouseclicks solved something I've been annoyed by for months.  :o No time for testing right now, but I assume it's alright now.  :x

Albert

I'm suffering from this bug for a year. my solution is make a comment // to an end of a random line then rebuild them. I found out that it matters what line you modified, some rows make no effect if you modify it, but another ones make.

matchy

With one editor, I would just change some text, such as space bar at the end of a any line, then compile with a new increbuild. It was a little annoying but that method doesn't work with two editors open. I have one with a server and the other as a client and both have different files although some of the functions are the same or slightly altered. If I don't toggle the debug button, by mouse only, before running, the build will clash with the other editor last build or the run will crash. It is more naturally using the keyboard to hit F5(Start) & F8(Build). So I have to I wonder if I may request, for example, a checkbox in the project options for to force increbuild and Fkey for debug toggle.  :giveup:

r0ber7

Well, my problem has been solved.  :D Thank you very much for the updates! This makes coding a lot more fun. The long waiting time was getting really annoying. ;)

I did have a small problem with drawing with ALPHATESTING on, which I found out on the forum, so that was solved quickly. Still, I'd recommend to put that into the help file (if it isn't already there, usually I just search the forum before looking in the help file).