Genius Greedy Mouse Released!

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

You have property looking what I going to made, since I allways have wrote "My Game" and what it support etc.

Here is the very first annonce of the game, because I soon need to aquire some level beta testers to make sure the levels is rights and there is no unfairless over them:

Greedy Mouse

This game is actuelly a remake of a abscure Amos Amiga game I created decades ago ("Mouse Runner", link later on this annonce), which is again inspiratad by a game with name "Xor". So the gameplay is basically Xor (etc you cannot move while a elemet is moving, and they move once at same time), but this game have all own rules and have a lots of extended tiles and inspirated from various other games. So Xor levels cannot been used in this game at all.

Also I started on this game since last summer as a Lazy Jones remake with own mini games, but droppede it undtil I got to game 3 with a little "Mouse Runner" remake.

Also the game would been made of clay, but there is still a lots of placeholder graphics as you can see, misplaced shadows and so on. They are of course going to been replaced later (yes this include mouse its self, but colors stay).

Here is some screenshots of the game (danish text here, but there is of course english support, and all level naming is in english):

According to controls, its support slide as well 4 way onscreen joypad (which got removed when you playing with a feedback controller, such as keyboard or iCade).

So If you interesed to level beta this game, let me known (its a closed test).

Also Im are still not sure about ingame music should been used and in which kind? Let me known what you think.

Best Regaards
Alan, Space Fractal

PS. The Amiga version is here (for some reason its only works on 68020+): Mouse Runner (but this version is much much better)

PPS. I might also greeting to various games in the credits section. basically our own other games as well glbasic games. Let see what happens in the final version.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Ian Price

That looks fab!

I remember Xor well - it was an excellent puzzler, but incredibly tough.

Love the clay idea - I was going to remake The TrapDoor a few years back in real clay - i even bought all the bits and bobs to do it, I just got sidetracked by other developments and never went back to it.

Look forward to seeing the full game =D
I came. I saw. I played.

fuzzy70

That does look very Cool  =D.

What platform(s) is it on?

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

spacefractal

iOS and android. Later to webos, when I got the touchpad device. I also might release desktop versions of the game (here I even have a trackball/pad control).

it's designed as a multiplatform and support any resoulutions, from low (320x240) to high (the new ipad). The screens was fullhd resoulutions (most of them). The game don't use offscreen buffer. Was too slow due layers of graphics drawn.

On android it's possible to remove some graphics details if it's run too slow. Mostly on cheap devices.

Ian: Yes XOR was touch, but is toned a lots down here, and levels is smaller too. Also you only control one mouse here. Damn you stopped that project, that happens.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

matchy

Those are some cool screenshots.  :booze:

mentalthink

Kitty Hello

spacefractal

Yep, but only inspirated as the main gameplay (as was also inspirated when I created Mouse Runner in around 1996). Nearly all tiles and rules for them is changed, so no effoct to do a Xor remake, just a inspiration for gameplay.

Now the my artist should go to work and do the graphics finished, hehe (we have two projects yet, one none game relative). The style you see from placeholder is property directly replaced by claw as they are or only minor changes.

There is 65 levels created yet in 5 areas + one bonus ara by now. I planning 3 bonus areas + 6 areas in this game. Not all levels might been included in v1.0, but as a update to v1.1. I have tried them to been fair as possible, and is not touch as Xor was.

erico

The clay style looks really good!
I guess when in higher resolution you are showing more of the maze?
Congrats!

spacefractal

no I show around 12-13 tiles per row, depend on the system. The game use 3 sizes of textures (1024x1024 [Regular iPhone] -> 4096x4096 [The New iPad]), so really I can support around 2048 x 1536 (somewhere higher me guess), before its need to show more of the maze instead (which happens in extreme resolutions). Its happens when scaling reech x200 per tile.

Font etc might been upscaled as well icons (its a compromise). Its was more important to get tiles support on those resoulutions.

Since its a photoart game, there is no more worklords doing highere resolutions, so we did that really early. We allready take photoes in a bit higher resolutions.

erico

great!

But you still have to photoshop those photos, tile test, add shadows and prepare them to be a game content right?
But I see it is sure less work then normally producing gfx.

I really like the way they tile together!
You get to see some kind of ´finger print´ here and there and such touch makes it so real and hand crafted!
I love it so far, would you care to post a video anytime?

spacefractal

Just for fun here is one of the photos used:

Its so photoshopped to yellow and resized and touched to use 200x200 pixels texture (hence I call it x200). For wall and dirt, its use 49 tiles each, but actuelly only require 5 photos. Shadows itself use 16 tiles for them (they are mostly separated).

I post a video later when I have the right video tool.

Here is a photo of a 480x320 version:

yep the floor is not clay, but its was just a for fun test picture.

Howover there is still some thing left, mostly about music ingame. not sure which kind to use, if music is required actulley. For sound they are mostly brought.

PS. Its Actuelly TempleTiger that does the clay works. Its was his idea.

Crivens

QuoteSince its a photoart game
What's that then?

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

spacefractal

Going upload 2 videos to youtube (I is using trail vesion of Fraps, so I can only record 30 secs, but you can see the idea of the gameplay):

of course there is placeholder artifacts issues (example when mouse go into the hole) and some graphics issues which of course to been fixed before final. Also the spirit when you died (seen in second video) is of course been animated in the final version (here the soundFX is a placeholder sound, same when you complete a level).

trucidare

very nice game. like these typ of games. hope to see this on ipad3 with full resolution :)
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC