SpriteZ -2d particle engine updated June 15, 2012

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemlos

http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=3550.0

SpriteZ -2d particle engine updated June 15, 2012

Theres a new command (friction), API has multiple options improved.
Also, 4 good working samples, and a new help file.
Download is in the top message in the link above, or found in the 2d snippet section.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Albert

I've tried all the samples, nice!
You mentioned that your particle engine can handle particle-particle collisions. Do you have an example for that?

mentalthink

Hemlos it´s possible make this same library but whit Z -Axis, or have a lot of changes?¿, I thinks effects in 3D , like physics and the Attractor can be awesoming...

Hemlos

@Albert:
No particle to particle.
This is what it has; Particle to sprite,  Polygon, and sphere collision detection.

Use these like boxcoll:
Code (glbasic) Select
Emitter_Collide_Sprite( EmitterID, SpriteID, SpriteX, SpriteY)  //Check Collision at this Sprite. Returns TRUE/FALSE
Emitter_Collide_Polygon( EmitterID , X , Y , W , H ) //Check collision at this imaginary box. Returns TRUE/FALSE
Emitter_Collide_Sphere( EmitterID, SphereX, SphereY , SphereRadius )  //Check Collision at this Imaginary Sphere. Returns TRUE/FALSE

I will see about doing samples soon, and if you need anything at all, contact me in the 2d snippet section for SpriteZ.

@ Mental:
I already have 3d in the works...been a couple years now, but it isnt ready...im still smashing my brain on trying to make it work, as well as, the 2d version.

mentalthink

I no doubt about the time for make somthing like this and more in 3D, your mathematics Skills have to be very high.
I don´t have any idea how start a project like this...

The example of the arrows it´s nice nice, when they turn to down... :-* :-* it´s magnific movement...

Hemlos

Thanks for the compliments
The SpriteZ3d has missle mode too 8)

Im not going to get your hopes up, im not going to BS you and say "itll be done this week", and "itll be fully interactive".
There will not be spawn mapping, nor will there be collision detection.
The system will remain as simple as i can possibly make it.
The camera matrix is done, and must be used in order to do a billboard particle.

Right now i have 2 issues.
One issue is with my algorithms concerning FPS, time and motion...this is a monster and i must slay it alone.

The other real killer issue is with the actual output rendering to the screen...opengl has ugly visual issues, and without help from other people who know how to use opengl 3d renderings, the system is not going to be finished.

The demand for such a system is pretty much VOID...who do we know making 3d games that need particle engine and are willing to test for the sakes of perfecting a 3d particle engine?
As far as i know, im the only one, its a lonely road with no light at the end of it.

Slim

Thanks for SpriteZ Hemlos.
I hope to put it to use one of these days.