SpriteZ - 2d particle engine (Updated: June 15,2012)

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

I am getting 63 fps.
It looks promising.

(using on board Intel graphics)

erico

I get 60fps. It all looks as great as my gfx board can do (gtx460, have all options to the max overriding all programs kind of setting).

Hemlos

great, good results.

No promise this will be implemented...im not 100% certain this is going to be a good solution, i have much testing to do.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

kanonet

Give us Code! Even if you do not implement it, it is interesting.
About 61 FPS here, running on Intel graphic.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Hemlos

kanonet

Did you add it to your sample? Hmm i dont want to publish it atm can you provide your code without it (and i did some changes to it, after i gave you the code)? Or just give it to me only. :P
Btw IRC ic you want.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Hemlos

your arrays are probably faster, ill test those too

Crivens

228fps. Obviously it's limited to the vsync to be getting 60fps all the time so I turned off my internal intel graphics (use NVidia instead) and turned off the vsync for your program. Took a couple of seconds to ramp up but was getting an average of about 223fps with a max of 228fps. Nice.

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Hemlos

New Experiment/Demo here.
The system is coming along great, and i have a feeling this one is going to end up being 10 times better than SpriteZ, performance wise. So far its not sprites, but it is pretty looking particles i created with opengl.
This test is really going to show how powerful it is, and how powerful itll be in the future after i add the optional phyiscs.

Quote//Experimental Test:
//
//Executable: Windows only.
//Resolution: 1280x720 fullscreen.rar or window.rar
//Particle Count: 40,000
//
//this test uses a background,.png, some particles, very limited phsyics, AND very low level Ai TO move them all around independantly.
//this is just a test, but it looked so cool i had TO show everyone!

[attachment deleted by admin]

mentalthink

Nice!!! , I have whit the las experiment in normal mode Smooth and not :

40.000 particles 60 FPS Constant

whit edge in "particle"

about 53 but usually between 55 58 FPS

Very nice Effect, and I don´t look too much, too much small and a lot of particles, they have collision between them...

mentalthink

Whit the "attraction tool" I love it... I have all time 60FPS, excepts only when start the application, but only for 1 or 1 + 1/2 second, after all time are 60 FPS... :nw: :nw: :nw:

Hemlos

new demo, just a demo, nothing more...just something i did while experimenting with 10k particles

ps dont stare at it too long, you might get sick

Hemlos

test of dynamic particles, sand piling up

erico

nice sand, the test before this didn´t work, loading bar and blank forever.

Hemlos

Quote from: erico on 2012-Jul-07
nice sand, the test before this didn´t work, loading bar and blank forever.

The other that didn't work for u is not completely unexpected
I was messin with OpenGL commands incorrectly and get strange effect