Project Options -> Company Name

Previous topic - Next topic

AMateus

Hello,

In the Company Name Field, if I put any name with accent (ex: António Mateus) I alway get a error message when I try to run a simple Hello World program. The error message says "Please Create First". If I take the accent (ex: Antonio Mateus) everything runs well.

Not a severe bug but nevertheless I'm reporting ;)

Regards,
António :P

MrTAToad

Thats odd - it works here okay...

Ian Price

Be aware also that if you run someone else's app, your company name will take on their name instead!

I found this out when I ran one of ampos' tests for Pixi. I compiled for pixi from his code and all was fine, but when I next compiled for my game, the webOS ipk had his name.com as the distributable file, despite my name being encoded into the app before I ran his file. I had to change it back to iprice in the Options tab.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

In that case, might be worth making the project available!

MrTAToad

I have found that with your name in the Company Name section, a program wont actually run...

AMateus

Hello,

I've re-installed glbasic and the behavior is the same: names with accents in the Company Name field don't run (in IDE) =) 

Regards,
António

MrTAToad

I suspect the variable that the company name goes into can't handle unicode text...

Kitty Hello

ASCII 127 FTW!
I'll have a look, anyway.
What I will definitely do is, replace ó with o then, so don't expect your app to have an id: com.antónio.supergame

AMateus

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Oct-04
ASCII 127 FTW!
I'll have a look, anyway.
What I will definitely do is, replace ó with o then, so don't expect your app to have an id: com.antónio.supergame

ROFTL

That's fine by me ;)