iPad app keeps crashing

Previous topic - Next topic

AlienMenace

My version is 9.040. I just installed the 9.052 beta. I'll give that a whirl. Log files sound like a great idea but I'm not sure how to implement log files for an iPad app. Thanks all for your suggestions!
Apps published: 3

AlienMenace

Still crashes on the beta. I'll go now and start trying to add some debugging crap into the code. What I don't understand is why it works without issue on Windows? If it was a problem with how I have coded something then it seems that the issue should have popped up in Windows at some point... Oh well,  I will remove the collision detection stuff first.

bigsofty

Ipad 1 has only 256meg of memory, of which almost of 50% is used by the system. Memory leaks simply run out of memory quicker on the iPad than a desktop.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

AlienMenace

I have an iPad1 and an iPad2 also and it crashes on both. I don't *think* it is a memory leak.

blackway

Are you loading and unloading sounds?
If yes just try to load all of your sounds at the beginning and forget about to unload it...
Hope it helps!
Cheers

AlienMenace

Loading all sounds at the beginning.

Kitty Hello

Yes, it seems to crash in the collision routine.
So, now every time you do a SPRCOLL or ANIMCOLL, (write a wrapper function: mySPRCOLL), please STDOUT the parameters you pass. Then with these parameters make a small program that loads the 2 sprites/animations and does only this one ANIMCOLL call. It will surely crash as well. Please post me the code and the 2 files then.
I'm so sorry.

AlienMenace

Thanks very much for the reply. I'll have to work on that tomorrow night. Really appreciate the help on this one. :)