Compiling for iPhone within a Network Path

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Hi,

This is something that used to work but does not seem to work now?

I have a home file server, the server has networked drives, one of these drives is for GLBasic projects. I compile a GLBasic project within a folder on this drive. This has never gave me any bother, it works for Win32 and not for iPhone. As I said, this used to work but not now. If I copy the folder over to the local drive it compiles, if I change the platform to Win32, it compiles but if I try and do an iPhone compile I get the following error...
Code (glbasic) Select
Wordcount:94 commands
compiling:
arch:
/cygdrive/q/Compiler/platform/iPhone/bin/arm-apple-darwin9-libtool: can't create output file: \Downstairs\d\iTestMD2\XCode\GLBasic\Lib\libPROGRAM.a (No such file or directory)
Creating .app for test
before copy...
...build the Project in: \\Downstairs\d\iTestMD2\XCode on Mac,
   then compile and release.
success
Elapsed: 6.3 sec. Time: 21:47
Build: 1 succeeded.

The full Xcode folder is there but no libPROGRAM.a

Cheers,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

try to map a drive letter for that dvice and navigate there using that?

bigsofty

Yes that works, thank you Gernot.

Would it e possible to use network paths, the same as Win32, with the iPhone Lib tool, as no configuration is needed when moving between computers and the full network path is always evident?

Cheers,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

I automatically map the drive letter "q" as you see, but windows 7 and some network drives seem to have a delay here or there that breaks the functionality.

bigsofty

Yes, Windows 7 networking is temperamental, I often have trouble getting the MAC to talk to the Windows 7 server, even though it worked the previous day.

Cheers,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

spudgunjake

mapping a drive letter with VMware to my Mac worked a treat,

thanks John.