Genius Greedy Mouse Released!

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzy70

Quote from: trucidare on 2012-Mar-10
very nice game. like these typ of games. hope to see this on ipad3 with full resolution :)

I agree, the screenshots earlier looked good but seeing it in action def made it look better  =D

I don't suppose there will be a windows version as I do not own any of the platforms you mentioned earlier as the targets  :(

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

spacefractal

Windows, Linux and Mac is all possible too. I have created a TrackPad control for Desktop versions (Slide control, but on thier pad) and play nice on a keyboard too. Its just more how I can sell it. On Mac its would been in AppStore of course, but property Intel AppUp for Windows. Not sure what on Linux yet.

I property doing a Lite version with fewer levels.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

fuzzy70

Quote from: spacefractal on 2012-Mar-10
Windows, Linux and Mac is all possible too. I have created a TrackPad control for Desktop versions (Slide control, but on thier pad) and play nice on a keyboard too. Its just more how I can sell it. On Mac its would been in AppStore of course, but property Intel AppUp for Windows. Not sure what on Linux yet.

I property doing a Lite version with fewer levels.

I have to admit that I have not come across a "generic" store so to speak regarding windows/linix/mac games, they normally tend to be for sale on a website created by the author (well the ones I have seen anyway)

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

spacefractal

I have just tested this game on my newly Touchpad..... After a quick test and soon going to bed, I have not seen any issues. Its ported nearly perfect and only missing few font settings. Its took few minuttes to do that. So no I have not crossed any gl basic issue on that (property I did known eventuelly pitfalls).

Even I cant pay for webos, I hope I do some free with ads and/or paid version. This game would been perfectly used with ads in the top, due the design on the game.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

Just saw the video links, it all moves so great!
The zoom out feature is cool too.

Great work there! :good:

Kitty Hello

Quote from: trucidare on 2012-Mar-10
hope to see this on ipad3 with full resolution :)
Yes, me too. Especially on _my_ iPad 3 XD

Joking aside, that looks really professional. I'm so glad there's so many professional games done with GLBasic these days. You add the cream and cherry topping to the blancmange.

spacefractal

We made iPad 3 retina support :-), due we have 200x200 resolution tiles as maximum resoulutions (hope it support 4096x4096 texture). I just hope it's run i nice framerate (can do two things, like disable colored polyvector, font, and zoom a little bit in).

Zoom Out is nice to the game and show this game use scaling. Its of course not work in 480x320 and similar lower resoulutions, since its scaling from high resoulutions tiles (example from x100 tiles) to the minimum texture size (x50 tiles). So if its allready use the small tile textures, its can't zoom out, but you can of course still use cam/map mode (its required in some levels anyway).

This game also take a while to compile (is near 9000 commands)....

Thanks for comment and I still want level testers.

spacefractal

Today I did some playaround in a test level with some of the tiles (2x30 min movies, hence the cut in the middle):

Also few more tiles has been changed to real clay (Pacman, Bomb, Blue Shoot, Keys and Locks). Yes there is some reference to other games, hehe (its not only pacman, but also sokoban and more).

PS. Yes, floor will been updated, that one you see would not been used. Its was a for fun floor and is not in clay.

matchy

Kitty Hello

spacefractal

Those who want to level beta this game, pm me the device you have and eventuelly your Udid number. Then I might give away :-D. All who tested it will get it for free (not sure how WebOS and Android works, but for iOS you just get a promotion code). Also there is still some features missing of course, example nearly no tips or help (which is under planning, but waitng to draw them when clay is done). Howover levels should still been injoyable and there is currectly 71 of them (80 levels is planned).

Yesterday I just got a new floor for the game (since the old one also was not in Retina HD, not that one you see not in clay on screens). Its look crips in fullHD.

Also Im soon looking how to implement iAds for iOS version of the game since I want to have a paid as weel a free model. But Am not sure how to deal in other systems (other pay only is allways possible of course undtil ads is possible to use).

I also want help around the ingame music choice and which one you think I should use (either from Kevin catalog or from ShockwaveSound.com)? A friend is howover ongoing a little title tune.

PS. No the gamesize is not really big, its around 20mb. The final game would been around 25-30mb, much under the 50mb limit we have today (for downloading using 3g).

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

spacefractal

hi thanks for both and nice to here webos have promotion codes too.

Greedy Mouse ported excellent to TouchPad, but have not tested on WebOs phones of course, but I do guess its would run very fine, but will property make it from webos 2.0+. Im just not sure about speed, but can disable very few things I do on iPad 1, so its a pretty easy job to do.

those info I wrote about about missing thing, which is of course due beta, so level betas is aware of eventuelly missing features. But the game its self is 100% playable :good:.

I also want more clay games, hehe.

spacefractal

just various screens, some fun bugs and ealier progress (this game started around summer last year):

My favorit bug is that killscreen bug that happens some where last year in a earlier build, when I was begin to implemented different texture sizes. Its looked like a classic killscreen when I saw that. Ops!

Also shadows sometimes diddent want as I want, mouse looked wrong, or mouse was so greedy its began to eat tracks (haps)...... Poor mouse :-D