BallZ II Redux : The Rewrite

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Updated version of my BallZ II Redux game.  This (along with Vortex) wont be released until after V11 comes out as I have other stuff to write...  In addition, this was written to test some new technology of mine, namely shape and and colour choosing (previously in my games you were stuck with the name chosen when you activated a player).  In addition I'm testing a new input system to allow easy processing of keyboard, mouse and joypad entry.

At the moment (when activating players), mouse movement is too fast and joystick/keyboard is a bit too slow.

Its currently set to only display 3 types of BallZ.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wampus

Like the look so far. Interesting explosions. Should they be using additive alpha blending?

MrTAToad

Might be worth looking at - but at the moment, no, they don't

mentalthink

Hi Mrtatoad I try a litlle, I have a little problem, in the screen before start the game, when you choose the players, my mouse don´t works fine, it´s move very bad....

About the explosions are very Nice... in the soft I recommended in English forum you have very nice and customizable FX of explosions, and a lot of things...

I don´t know if the xplosions are in 3D plane, becuase I look very black the fume FX, how you know putting this whit <0.0 or grater the FX looks very nice, but in 3D I think the alpha mode don´t works , isn´t it?¿...

MrTAToad

For some reason the scrolling text from Moru's Proportional font system affects mouse X & Y movement - I don't know whether its the multiple VIEWPORT changes doing it or not or something else though.  I can't test in V11 as it would mean changing a bit of code - which I don't want to do yet

The explosions are 2D sprites, with the alpha level set to -1.0

Glad you like it though!

mentalthink

hmmm, if you can test the explosion whit 0.8 or something I use always this values, and the "Black Dust" dont appears....

I leave you, this explosion, I´m using in my game... you can see what I can tell whit the very dark part of the explosion...

You will see very darker, but whit 0.8~ you delete this parts... basically the bad part in explosions always it´s in the perimeter of the explosions.... the black Halo, not looks well, almost for me don´t like it...

PS : I have a little code for have Specular  Brightness and Shinnes, but I don´t know what´s the reason in mobile devices don´t works...(perhaps 1.0 and 2.0 changes something about this) perhaps the ball will look more nice...

[attachment deleted by admin]

MrTAToad

I did try with various alpha testing values, without much difference - I think the main problem is the animation is too slow at the moment, which is something I need to change...

Wampus

How many sprites are being displayed on screen during the title sequence when the ball generator thing goes into overdrive? Looks cool, though I know its just a testing thing.

Btw what does it look like when the explosions are set to alpha 1.0?

MrTAToad

-1.0 is used by default.

I suspect over a 100 objects will be added on the title.

MrTAToad

Been a while, but here is an update.

Now all ballz are being dropped now
Name of ballz collected is now displayed in players colour.
Haven't got the correct keyboard or joypad movement speed yet...

Download : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25216439/BallZ_II_Redux.app.rar