LD 48h game programming competition - WIN Android Tablet!

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Hi,

the 10 year anniversary of the LudumDare 48h game programming competition will start next weekend. It's a great event and I want to encourage everyone to participate. It's great fun and you push your programming skills immensely in this short time.

Due to the anniversary, I want you to try GLBasic for this competition as your (new?) language. Why you ask? Because you might win an awesome device! The deal is this: Write a game using GLBasic for the compo, enter and somewhere on your title screen say "written in GLBasic".
Then, come here and post a link to your submitted game.

You game can be any target platform, any screen size, any anything.

Among all entries done with GLBasic I give this prize away:

Android Tablet "Zixoon a71" with
* Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
* A10 cortex@1.5GHz
* Mali 400 MP graphics processor
* 800 x 480 Pixel
* 5 Point Capacitive Touchscreen
* Wifi 802.11 b/g/n @ 150 Mbit/s
* 2160p mini HDMI 1.4 port
* 8GB NAND Flash
* microSD slot (supports SDHC up to 32 GB)
* Camera
* 7" size: 193 x 116 x 11 mm
* Li-Pol (3600 mAh) battery (ca. 5h of fun before charging)

MrTAToad

Ian Price

It's an online event MrT - you don't have to attend in person.

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/
I came. I saw. I played.

backslider

I wan't to win the tablet.  :good:
But I don't have a cool game idea.   :whistle:

Ian Price

Theme(s) will be provided just before the start of the competition. Perhaps they will help form ideas :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Albert

That's nice. I'm in (if I will have enough time)

fuzzy70

Sounds tempting & would give me the required "Push" to get my arse in gear a write something other than tools/utils etc  :D

Sadly I am away for that weekend, sods law  :'(

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

backslider

Ian Price

I'm working on the Saturday, so that won't give me much time, but I might have a bash, although it will depend on the theme.
I came. I saw. I played.

fuzzy70

Even though I am away for that weekend I will still attempt to do it when I get back, not for the comp obviously but just for the coding experience etc & see how far I get with it.

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Wampus

I'm definitely up for this. Come on MrTAT, Ian and anyone else still hovering, let's do it!  :)

Hark0

Good idea!!!

Unfortunately I no have time to participate due state of my project!

Good luck to GLB Forum members!

Regards!

P.S. Gernot, maybe you use "the second device" purchased in a future new competition.... :P
http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

erico

Quote from: Wampus on 2012-Apr-16
I'm definitely up for this. Come on MrTAT, Ian and anyone else still hovering, let's do it!  :)

Damn it, there seems to me this weekend will be free, I just might well spend my time on this.

Wampus

Yeaaah, Erico too now.

Three confirmed and three maybes. This is so gonna be so much fun.

In case anyone isn't sure where to start you just need to read the rules and register over at the website. If you want an avatar to show next to your user name then register your email address at Gravatar and Ludum Dare will pick it up because it uses WordPress. After that you might want to publish an "I'm in" post on the blog (using LD # 23 as a category) and...you're in. Heheh.

My intro post.

I can't wait.

okee

Is there examples of previous competitions, what the theme was etc ?
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)