My first iPad app in the itunes store.

Previous topic - Next topic

Millerszone

It's only a pong game, but I wanted to know how the whole process works and I already had Just Pong completed for Windows/Mac so it wasn't very hard to convert to the iPad.
This game got accepted which only orientates in landscape mode, so you do not need both, landscape and portrait modes on the same app.
The game I'm working on now is a is a Baseball game.

If you would like to try my game, PM me for a Promo code.

Check it out:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=3857.msg41814#msg41814
Hardware: iMac 27", MacBook Air, PC 3.5Ghz Quad
Developing Tools: GLBasic SDK, Gideros Studio, PureBasic
Developing for: iOS, Android, Windows, OS X, webOS, HTML5

blackway

Congrats KidNovak for the release !  :good:

Sadly I don't have a Ipad  :'(

Bye!

matchy

Even thought I have an iPad but not a U.S. iTunes account (which I think only uses promo codes). :noggin:

Just Pong looks authentically cool although there are many versions. A baseball game sounds cool. :good:

Leginus

Ian Price

I'm surprised Apple have allowed the game, actually - "Pong" is copyright Atari, who have defended it quite rigourously. You might get a removal notice at some point, however, I hope that doesn't happen.

Anyway, good luck with it :)
I came. I saw. I played.

bigsofty

I hope so too, it looks great, congrats!   :good:

Cheers,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

Millerszone

Thanks everyone.
Its selling a lot better than I expected for an old pong game. Still waiting for rating/reviews.
Hardware: iMac 27", MacBook Air, PC 3.5Ghz Quad
Developing Tools: GLBasic SDK, Gideros Studio, PureBasic
Developing for: iOS, Android, Windows, OS X, webOS, HTML5

XanthorXIII

Nice Remake but you may want to be careful, Atari has been going after folks with Pong in the name. http://toucharcade.com/2008/09/18/ataris-legal-team-attacking-iphone-breakout-clones/
I just want to give you a heads up. I'm surprised that name got past the review board. You may want to look at other names like Video Tennis or Just Tennis.
Keep up the good work though.
Owlcat has wise

Ian Price

Quote from: XanthorXIII on 2010-Nov-21
Nice Remake but you may want to be careful, Atari has been going after folks with Pong in the name. http://toucharcade.com/2008/09/18/ataris-legal-team-attacking-iphone-breakout-clones/
I just want to give you a heads up. I'm surprised that name got past the review board. You may want to look at other names like Video Tennis or Just Tennis.
Keep up the good work though.

I've already mentioned that...

Quote"Pong" is copyright Atari, who have defended it quite rigourously. You might get a removal notice at some point
I came. I saw. I played.

matchy

Without being too negative, well done millerszone (KidNovak), regardless of the legal content.  :good:

Ian Price

QuoteWithout being too negative, well done millerszone (KidNovak), regardless of the legal content.  :good:
It's not being negative warning someone about a potential problem, however, absolutely well done - selling so many copies in such a short space of time with a game of this sort is brilliant and an inspiration to all of us.
I came. I saw. I played.

matchy

Ian Price, you should have mentioned that before not during celebration.
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.msg39332#msg39332

Ian Price

QuoteIan Price, you should have mentioned that before not during celebration.
What's your problem Matchy? At that point (the link you mentioned) it was not mentioned that the game would be a commercial product - therefore there was no need to advise that the title might have potential problems.

The original poster doesn't appear to have a problem with my posts, why do you?

Besides, I did wish the product well in my first post in this topic and continue to do so. As stated, it's encouraging.
I came. I saw. I played.

matchy

Exactly. My first post was general and you took personal offense to a harmless joke. I have no problem that I started and nothing personal with you mate so I apologies for it seeming that way.