HTML5 / JavaScript ist starting to get useful

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

I presume file I/O isn't allowed, beyond the ability to save data as one long text cookie...

Ruidesco

Well, HTML5 started a new client-side storage system based on two objects, sessionStorage and localStorage. The first exists for the duration of the session and the second exists without expiration. Like cookies, it only stores strings but it's as easy as the objects just being key/value collections.

Example:

Code (glbasic) Select
sessionStorage.start = new Date();
if(!localStorage.playerName) localStorage.playerName = "Ruidesco"

Etc.

MrTAToad

Looks like some new commands will be needed then!

Marmor

Could not create canvas - [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIDOMHTMLCanvasElement.getContext]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/DOKUME~1/niccy/LOKALE~1/Temp/Tempor%C3%A4res%20Verzeichnis%201%20f%C3%BCr%20_support(1).zip/_support.html :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 79"  data: no]
SDL_SetVideoMode seems to be 1
Screen BPP: 32
:puke:

win xp / ff  last version 16.0.2

MrTAToad

MrTAToad

Will we be able to get rid of that initialisation text (or is that just output from the DEBUG command) ?

Kitty Hello

You can change the HTML template website. At least, that's the plan. So you can hide the console.

Kitty Hello

bigsofty

Now that's impressive, I can see where this is going now!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

mentalthink

Yes Gernnot you put this example, but for me don't works when I press the full Screen...
But the Beta runs Html right now?¿, always when I try to compile in Html5 I always have troubles... I'm a bit confused how it's working fine...

Another quesion whit the Sdl2 whats will be better, the sounds?¿ for make effects?¿, and/or perhaps it's for running more quickly the code

erico

Great demo ho ho ho!
Works great on my chrome end.

We are in for great things this year! :booze:

kanonet

No Problems with fullscreen on firefox 18.
The general background is grey, but each letter has a black box around it (its not transparent!), is this intended?
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

mentalthink

I equal than kanonet, it's exactly the same...

kaotiklabs

how is the integration going? any eta?

Im no sure but the file size seems reduced, Im right?

eitherway great work!
Vote Cthulhu! Because the stars are right!!!!
Ia Ia Cthulhu F' tang!