Pegasus and the Phantom Riders

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

It should be possible. Most of my games can be turned 3d that way for visuals and keep it 2d internally for the game logic.
I guess this one would only be a bit troublesome with the approaching birds, that part would have to be done considering Z axis.

I can do the required 3d modeling and textures but adding it to the current spaghetti code (it is a speed code kind of game), would probably also be troublesome.
It is tempting though, but I suspect a more simple game would be easier, maybe that LV-426?

Made another video, mostly bug hunt and adding the stages.

erico

@SnooPI , you know what would be an ace game we could work out that 3d? Shadow in the Forest.
Here is the boardgeek link, but you germans might already know it ;)
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1070/shadows-forest

I´d think that would do a great showcase, and the underlyings would not be hard to code. It does consider shadows though, but that is in a 2d plane, so worst case we could work a 2d top down raytrace to account for that. :)

SnooPI

I didn't know these games thanks for the info Erico (the board game looks very original)

In fact for your system I was thinking of a 3D display like with the 3D NES emulator but in a voxel style:
One pixel = one 3D cube.
On 3 or 4 plans.

erico

It could work. But like I said. The code is spitted/bashed. There will be trouble :D

erico

In fact I´m now facing a lot of trouble for that bashing code and no pre-production, stuff is taking longer. Lots of exceptions I have to deal with and it will be slightly worse when AI time comes up.
But here another test and plenty bug fixes.

SnooPI

Yes, we are often lost with this kind of code, especially if they are poorly commented.
Recently I took one of my codes in this style and I didn't understand what I had coded  :D

Even if there are bugs it's really starting to take shape :good:

dreamerman

Erico I always liked Your art style, those pixel chickens are really superb :D Great use of limited size/palette and animation frames.
Different backgrounds/level layouts are always welcome to give some variety in gameplay.

Talking about monetization aspect, itch.io can always give some income, but on Steam there is so many games now, and it's just hard to get noticed with small games that doesn't have some special feature. Such 3d voxel like graphic could be the thing that would make it more interesting visually for streamers that play small party/versus games. Or maybe have two rendering modes 2d and 3d with option to switch with one key, but that's something to consider after dealing with all core stuff.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

erico

I have a few ideas for 3d and the likes but it has been quite hard to get anything going.
Steam bites 60% of the revenue in USA taxes and whatnot, Itchio does the same, at least it is free to sell stuff there.
Steam for me is gone, it is impossible to afford the 100 dollars check-in with the current misery, no jobs and high inflation in Brazil.

Kitty Hello

Is there any way we can help you out?

MrPlow

Hi,
The small form factor could make a good mobile game maybe - and ad revenue pays better for me, than steam, for the smaller arcade games...

Although, steam is a nice lottery for such party games :)

Your Avacado game also is an idea Android mobile possibility?

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

MrPlow

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2021-Nov-12

i second this!
Comp:

SnooPI

Quote from: erico on 2021-Nov-11
I have a few ideas for 3d and the likes but it has been quite hard to get anything going.
If you need help don't hesitate  ;)

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2021-Nov-12
Good idea :good:

erico

Super thanks for the support and good will chaps!
Thing is, it is mostly about total lack of work, and I understand that to be hard to get any help as recommending someone is never simple.
Anyways, if you guys know of anyone that could use the things I do, just let them know I exist :)

I will try create a patreon and local brazillian similar stuff next weekend. Will also see into making my games available directly by paypal on my site as well as attempt art commission through tweeter. Maybe a combo like that can easy things up. I have designed a game making course with GLB but haven´t got opportunity to push it forward through covid. Maybe that could blend into those funding deeds? Or maybe the best shot is to do it locally with classes of 3 or 4 people or both options.
I also have been trying to do retro games, zx spectrum stuff for a compo this next month if I can complete it in time.
If I can, maybe that will also be a good front, the compo may bring publicity to it.

Anyways, let´s move on.
I will try finish that zx spectrum game and then get back to this one.
Thanks again chaps!

Qedo

sorry Erico for this situation, don't hesitate to ask for help
Unity is strength   :good:

MrPlow

@erico

Let me know when your ZX Spectrum game is ready - I have few thousand followers on Twitter related to ZX Spectrum...
twitter.com/zxspectrum_club
Comp: