Version 5.0

Previous topic - Next topic

Synthetic

Ok I resolved this issue and will post what it was in case someone runs into this also. Apparently there are several versions of the C++ redist. My specific issue was that I had an older version and the original vscredist.msi file was long lost so when the C++ redist with the GLB SDK tried to install, it couldn't uninstall the old version without that file and refused to install. I figured the C++ 05 redist was the same as any other 05 version. To be able to fix this, fire up regedit or what ever you use and go here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall

Then look through the keys in there for one that contains data on the C++ redist and delete the key. Reinstall the GLB SDK and your all good to go now. While this won't cause any problems by deleting it, it's always a good idea to make a backup of your registry in the off chance you delete or modify the wrong thing. This can be done via File>Export in the menu of regedit. Why Microsoft decided to store the install file vscredist.msi in the documents and settings\user\local settings\temp folder is beyond me. This folder along with windows\temp are cleaned up by common cleaning programs.
"Impossible is a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit."

My AMXMODX plugins for Day of Defeat 1.3 can be found here.